engine will rotate but will not start

civic1

ok here is the deal. my car was starting to overheat and i realized it before it got to bad, i think. about 4 or 5 days ago i was driving sown the interstate and my top radiator hose just blew up. got that fixed. then about 3 days later i noticed the temperature gauge getting closer and closer to hot. i stopped at a gas station to fill up and i got stuck there for bout an hour cuz it wouldnt start. same problem 20 min later at wal mort. i go home and flush the radiator. now the car wont start. i changed the ignition coil and the fuel filter. anything else it could be.

check to see if you have spark?...or even fuel running to your engine...take a spark plug wire and put it to ground on your car...have someone crank the eninge a couple of times...if your don't see spark....get a whole new distributor....the coolant won't be a factor if your car is starting or not...?...

ok i do have spark so it isnt anything in the distributor right. i htought it might be the ignition module. wut else could it be. y would the headgasket keep it from starting anyways. and if it overheats cant it make the ignition module burn out.

take the ignition control module to your local parts dealer and have them test it on their testing thingy..haha...don't know what it is called....if it is....just get a whole new distributor or get a used one from the junk yard...that's what i did...cost me 25 bucks...haha...instead of $300.00

also like the one kid said check to see if your even getting fuel up to your intake take the line going into your filter and disconnect it and turn over to see if anything comes out and if not you either have a bad relay or your fuel pumps shot or another way to check is to hook a gravity feed up to your intake and see if it starts like that and if it does than thats a key factor that your not getting fuel

FYI, the ignition module is in the distributor. If you have spark it's fine. Depending on how much you overheated it, cranny could be right. An engine needs 3 things to run, Spark, fuel, and compression. Check to make sure you're getting fuel. If you are then it's number 3, and a new headgasket is probably in order.

i could be wrong kast cause really even with a blown HG , i was thinking last nite , he prolly would get a kick out of it while turning it over you know , somin , not just nothing. unless its real bad in which case hed see coolant. and rapper , gravity fed will not run that engine , its not a carborator dude , lol , FI = high pressure fuel lines. youl hurt your injectors doing that im sure , or somin. whip the fuel line off the rail and turn the key on , see if you get a squirt , lol. than youl know. PS , dont aim it at your eyes , lol

Archived