e-brake

jajudo18

i have a 96 accord lx and my e-brake is loose as hell. i know that i can tighten it from under the console but that doesn't seem to be the problem. It seems as if i need to tighten it from underneth the car b/c i can pull the e-brake wire and it's not connected to anything. any tips about getting that fixed? is it simple to where i can fix it myself or should i have a mechanic do it?

yeah it moves, but it usually tightens when you start to reach the top of the brake. it just doesn't tighten at all now. it clicks when i pull on it. When i looked under the center console i see that there were 2 wires there. The right wire is the only one that's not connected.

you chould of snaped the cable

Edit: I am not sure where under the car the cable runs you can wait for some one else post of if you have an hyenas manual you may see a pic I there, But if it is snapped they are less then 20 bucks shipped, and you should be able to do it your self.

yeah it moves, but it usually tightens when you start to reach the top of the brake. it just doesn't tighten at all now. it clicks when i pull on it. When i looked under the center console i see that there were 2 wires there. The right wire is the only one that's not connected.

I am not that experienced with this subject but if it slowly went my guess would be one of the wires slipped out from a "bolt" or some thing. So all that would have to be done is re tightened, may be able to do it under the console or might have to get under the car.

civic are lighter

Lighter = faster with same mods

Only reason i can think of

As far as I know you can do pretty much the same with both cars as in swapping motors for more power

But civic get more mods cause they are lighter and will be quick in the end do to there weight. So that attracts enthusiast more. But there are a few accord owners on HF

the accord is a DEADLY car. you can get so many not so known swaps in them, and the turbo kits to go with them are NUTS. you can throw h22's in them, or better yet a newer accord v6 you can get JDM acura 6 cyl. motors that are the f*cking crap, and with slight mods they are a real winner

I feel better since i know that i have a somewhat "universal" car now. i was just wondering because i was going to the junk yard to get some parts and i really want to know what parts on acura's, civic's, etc. that i could buy and use for my convienence on my 96 accord? it may be alot of parts but a rough estimate would be good.

Archived