My car's overheating

izzi b

do u guys know what can cause my car to overheat. i've been filling it up with antifreeze but a couple of hours later i would have to do it again. my idle is also jumping up and down. i have a 95 civic dx.

is the cap off when u go to fill it? That happend to me, i needed a new radiator. The fins where fallen out so the radiator stoped keeping every thing, the presure form the heat would get so high it woudl blow the cap off. I may of just needed a new cap but i jsut replaced the radiator cuz i need a new one.

The idle is doing that because you have a vaccum leak too. Check all lines for holes, deterioration, etc. And replace that line. It sucks but its the only way to do it.

My car was idling bad when i had the radiator problem, it would jump up and down.

sounds like you need to reseal your iacv. coolant and air flows through it and would give you both your symptoms your having. white smoke exiting exhaust? either that or you have a blown head gasket.

Archived