Needs fast help. suspension and wheel size.

jajudo18

I have a 96 honda accord 2.2L and i was thinking about getting full coilovers put on it. I was wondering what size wheels with what type of suspension gives the best ride quality. I\\\\\\\'m looking for smooth but fast driving. help plz!

Ok chill with making 4 thread of the same topic. You'll get a response when someone who knows the answer will respond. Making 4 threads is NOT going to get you a quicker answer. You could have have the answer by now if you did the research yourself instead of giving the mods trouble.

Go home.

Ok chill with making 4 thread of the same topic. You\'ll get a response when someone who knows the answer will respond. Making 4 threads is NOT going to get you a quicker answer. You could have have the answer by now if you did the research yourself instead of giving the mods trouble.

Go home.

sorry mr. super tech. i\'m new to this website and i did some editing to my post. if you don\'t know how to help then don\'t reply to my thread. anyone who\'s reading this, i need a little help.

your car does suck.

go play somewhere, i\'m busy.

sorry mr. super tech. i\'m new to this website and i did some editing to my post. if you don\'t know how to help then don\'t reply to my thread. anyone who\'s reading this, i need a little help.

your car does suck.

go play somewhere, i\'m busy.

wow, such disrespect. and from a noob.

good way to start the forum, douchebag.

making 4 posts about the same topic is stupid, and just a waste of space and the mods time.

you want something smooth, and fast driving?

i'll get you some advice, get some performance engine parts, cause wheels and suspension don't make you go fast :thumbsup:

wow, such disrespect. and from a noob.

good way to start the forum, douchebag.

making 4 posts about the same topic is stupid, and just a waste of space and the mods time.

you want something smooth, and fast driving?

i\'ll get you some advice, get some performance engine parts, cause wheels and suspension don\'t make you go fast :thumbsup:

I\'m actually working on the engine but i read that if you got 19\" rims it will make your car not have a smooth ride. i was just wondering if there was a certain size rim that can compliment my coilovers.

I\'m actually working on the engine but i read that if you got 19\" rims it will make your car not have a smooth ride. i was just wondering if there was a certain size rim that can compliment my coilovers.

16" or 17"

no bigger no less

now get the hell out.

do you guys have anything better to do? Get a life and stop f*cking around with people. i just asked a simple question but if you pricks want to act like you're hard b/c you think you're running the "Honda Forums" guess again. come to my hood and tell me something. i've had enought of this.

BTW thanks for the info cunts.

hahahaha come to your hood? not worth my time. and yes i have a life. i go to college, i study, i do homework practically 24/7. don't tell me i don't have a life. you don't know me.

whatever, i'm done with this e-fight. i just realized i'm wasting my time.

:o stop the anger...

if you are still here man... there are a lot of things to consider when choosing wheels more than just size... it all depends on what your intentions are for the car.

if you are going more for the looks of it then you can do about whatever you want to compliment your cars look. I personally (my car is built more to autocross) would look for a light weight wheel about 16" is perfect imo (yea i know i have 17's... ignore that i wish they were 16, i WAS planning on going with Wilwoods, not anymore) its not too much tire that you get sidewall roll in turns and its a good way to save unsprung weight by having a smaller wheel. Offset is important as well. depending on how low you plan on going you will have to have an offset that will alow your wheel to tuck under your fender. otherwise there is a thing called "dave point" im sure there is a better name than that, however that is what i have herd of it being called. this is the imaginary line that continues from the center of your coilover to the ground. the ideal place for this imaginary line is to hit the very center of where your tire track contacts the ground. That is the best way to find the ideal wheel offset for your car (assuming the ideal offset is possible on your car without making tires rub wheel wells... etc.

another thing is traction... off the line traction is going to be higher with the larger sidewall tire as the sidewall may flex easier to give you a larger contact patch

but basically as far as the ride quality goes... bigger wheel= smaller tire sidewall= rougher ride/more responsive handling. Smaller wheel= larger tire sidewall= smoother ride/less responsive handling

good luck with your wheel choice

Archived