My Del Slow

Guest 80659sSol

Guest 80659sSol

Well here is my Sol, nothin really done to it except for intake, crappy plug wires, damned gauges and some home depot mods :) (redid the trunk with some ply wood, and got me a buzzer for "lights on reminder" stuff like that) well here she is:

fde82d35.jpg

fde82d41.jpg

fde82d5a.jpg

fde82d69.jpg

fde82d73.jpg

fde82d2c.jpg

plans now stand on the suspension. later on, the engine (when i have more money to blow :)) hope you all like my stockie lookin Sol, laters!

Guest 80659sSol

hehe yep! i got some pics :D (i didnt get the final pic though... but i did use the original carpet ;) )

here is what i started out with:

fcc3b0c6.jpg

here is the old POS that was all messed up from over the years:

fcc3b0ca.jpg

here is what i traced out with the new ply wood:

fcc3b0c9.jpg

heres all the stuff that came off of the old board (use a screw driver to take the plastic tabs off):

fcc3b0c7.jpg

here is the router i used:

fcc3b0c3.jpg

testing...:

fcc3b0c5.jpg

final cut-out. not the most glamorous thing in the world... but it was getting dark and my food was getting cold inside =/:

fcc3b0c1.jpg

after that i just added the little foam blocks to the back side of the new board with some strong wood glue and added the plastic tabs (i had to make little cut-outs for the tabs to fit, since the new board is thicker than the stock board)

i should have some pics of the finished product soon ;) hope this helped anyone that needed it! :D laters

Very helpful indeed...nice how-to. Been meaning to do that for a while, but just never had a chance to head out to HomeDepot. I was thinking instead of re-using the carpet, I'd use like metal flooring, but I've been thinking I might have problems removing the spare. After looking at those pics tho, I don't think there'd be any clearance issues.

Guest 80659sSol

well i know of this one guy that did it with metal, and he just used hinges for it :) just a thought though. shouldnt be too bad. maybe have some way in keeping the panel up while messin around with the spare ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived