Stupid Discs

chicotunner95

Ok im pissed, my car vibrates when im braking, especially when im goin over 60 mph, so i figured my discs are warped, took it to meinike(if thats how its spelled) and i was confirmed it was my discs, i went to AZ and bought stock replacement discs and when im about to take the disc off of my left wheel, i see that the screws holding it in are completely F**ked, like the last owner couldnt get the dam things off and he kept twisting and twisting, so now what, any ideas????

i had the same problem when i changed mine. they werent stripped at first but they were in really tight. try getting an impact gun. if not, i got a torch from my neighbor, and heated the screws, then they just twisted right out. not sure how stripped yours are though

i had the same problem when i changed mine. they werent stripped at first but they were in really tight. try getting an impact gun. if not, i got a torch from my neighbor, and heated the screws, then they just twisted right out. not sure how stripped yours are though

i can still get a little grip on them, so how exactly would i use this torch gun?

i think it was the kind of torch that he used for welding. im trying to remember all the specifics, but i did this over a year ago. but basically i turned the torch on, and heated the screws each for a couple minutes. i cant remember if i let them cool first, or immediatly unscrewed them, but i think it was right after heating. im sure if you asked any mechanic or welding person, they could fill you in because the guy i got the torch from seemed like he did it everyday

i think it was the kind of torch that he used for welding. im trying to remember all the specifics, but i did this over a year ago. but basically i turned the torch on, and heated the screws each for a couple minutes. i cant remember if i let them cool first, or immediatly unscrewed them, but i think it was right after heating. im sure if you asked any mechanic or welding person, they could fill you in because the guy i got the torch from seemed like he did it everyday

wow thanks, i was freakin out thinkin i was goin to have to replace the whole thing, ima try it my dad has a welding torch, thanks bunch :thumbsup:

im not sure if youve tried it already, but try spraying a lil wd40, just to see if that helps before you go heating it. and just a lil heads up, make sure you dont melt the screws lol. i think its pretty hard to do because those are pretty strong, but just watch out

im not sure if youve tried it already, but try spraying a lil wd40, just to see if that helps before you go heating it. and just a lil heads up, make sure you dont melt the screws lol. i think its pretty hard to do because those are pretty strong, but just watch out

yeah i tried wd40 it didnt do sht, i guess it was soo tight it didnt let it sink in

Ok im pissed, my car vibrates when im braking, especially when im goin over 60 mph, so i figured my discs are warped, took it to meinike(if thats how its spelled) and i was confirmed it was my discs, i went to AZ and bought stock replacement discs and when im about to take the disc off of my left wheel, i see that the screws holding it in are completely F**ked, like the last owner couldnt get the dam things off and he kept twisting and twisting, so now what, any ideas????

Im pretty sure that those screws are just put on their when they are going thru the assembly line. I just drilled mine out. Because the brake and the tire will actually hold the rotor on.

Archived