Air module problem

walrus

I have an 04 civic si G..its a canadian only type. The A/C died on the hottest day of the summer a few weeks back. They thouyght it was a thermal switch on the comp. Replaced it then relized it was the A/C module behind the dash. I'm past my warrantee. They want about $400 for the module new. Plus install.

Ive never had a honda dash apart before. Can anyone give me a quick walk through of how to get it out?

Does anyone know how long they have been using this same module so I can track one down at a scrapyard maybe from an earlier model. Or a resonable aftermarket dealer.

Walt

First off, removing the dash is a pain in the ass. No matter what car. There is no room to work and everything is hard to get too plus you have too remember where everything goes.It will take you all day! at least 8 hours. I would just roll your windows down for the rest of the "fall" and wait till next summer to do it. Till then find a used module. what do think?

The problem is the Tech who finally fiqured it out gave me the option of a quick toggle switch under the dash for air. It now gives me full blast cold air or regular fresh air venting and no heat at all. I had heat before I brought it in. He is on vacation right now so for the next week so being a bit of a backyard mechanic I thought Id look into it before he returns.. If I could just get the panel off around the console I think I could get it out? I'm afraid to break the plastic.

Walt

Archived