New to anything foreign here...

snowblind8810

I've been reading up on swaps from integras into civics, and apparently from a 92-93 integra to a 92+ civic is pretty easy. I've never done an engine swap before but was thinking about doing it in my neon from a pt cruiser, so I'm not afraid of it.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long (in hours) these swaps take with the right tools, one person, and after I do swap, what's the next step towards increasing performance. On the neon scene it's pretty easy to find what you're looking for (especially because there is a huge faq in one location), but I'm having trouble getting a basic plan with numbers.

Another question-it seems that an engine swap would be pretty expensive compared to just bolt-ons....and for the swap I'm looking at it seems that it might not actually be worth the cost to only be putting around 140 hp. I've never driven a honda before, except my mom's hybrid (comfortable, but...) but dp the cars respond well to mods? I know it's pretty easy to put down more than 180whp on a neon in less than 1500, and at 2500 you can turbo for near 225whp.

Anything I should know getting onto this scene, let me know, as I'm all ears.

I've been reading up on swaps from integras into civics, and apparently from a 92-93 integra to a 92+ civic is pretty easy. I've never done an engine swap before but was thinking about doing it in my neon from a pt cruiser, so I'm not afraid of it.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long (in hours) these swaps take with the right tools, one person, and after I do swap, what's the next step towards increasing performance. On the neon scene it's pretty easy to find what you're looking for (especially because there is a huge faq in one location), but I'm having trouble getting a basic plan with numbers.

Another question-it seems that an engine swap would be pretty expensive compared to just bolt-ons....and for the swap I'm looking at it seems that it might not actually be worth the cost to only be putting around 140 hp. I've never driven a honda before, except my mom's hybrid (comfortable, but...) but dp the cars respond well to mods? I know it's pretty easy to put down more than 180whp on a neon in less than 1500, and at 2500 you can turbo for near 225whp.

Anything I should know getting onto this scene, let me know, as I'm all ears.

as im sure you know, it all depends on your level of expertise. im sure someone with all the tools and everything they needed laid out in front of them could do an engine swap in 10 or so hours. and im sure someone whos somewhat familiar with the car but not really rushing through it could do it over the course of 2 to 3 days probably working in 2 or 3 different shifts. what kinda car are you trying to buy and what kinda motor are you trying to swap?

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/swapguide1.pdf

An integra "b18b" engine into a civic, 92-99.

Does the engine mount straight onto the civic tranny?

And where can I get a "b18b" anyway, besides buying a whole integra or junkyard.

well all 92-99 civics are d series sohc motors. with the exception of the 98-99 civic si models. if you were to not get either of those models, youd need a full swap with a complete motor, mounts, etc, complete tranny and ecu, among other things. if you were to get either of the si models, you could get away with just swapping the motor and ecu's out and keeping the stock tranny, that would save you some money and itd be more beneficial as far as performance goes. so to answer your question, all motors of the same series have interchangeable parts, so you cant use a b series motor with a d series tranny, etc. now theres lots of places to find your motor, theres hmotorsonline.com, ebay, jazzproparts.com. theres plenty of places you can find that motor as well as the trany and ecu, you can prolly type it in google and nearly every result you came up with would be a site thats selling one. before you buy make sure you read up on the swap of course, and youll prolly wanna post a link of where your buying it cuz lots of ppl here do swaps and they may tell you that the person your buying from is ripping you off etc. hmotorsonline is a nice reputable seller with decent prices though.

if you're doing it by yourself, which i don't recommend if you've never done this before, you'll need an engine hoist...unless you're beefy as hell.

well yah, i mean personally id never attempt to do a swap myself. but im sure like if you intentions are making making a thread on here, and taking everything step by step, and asking questions, and researching exactly how to do it, im sure you could.

well yah, i mean personally id never attempt to do a swap myself. but im sure like if you intentions are making making a thread on here, and taking everything step by step, and asking questions, and researching exactly how to do it, im sure you could.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. It really comes down to what falls into my hands.

I'm going to be looking for a fast daily driven car. I'm also learning basic body work and paint from my stepdad, so I'm looking for probably a bottom of the barrel recieving car with a decent donor engine.

Archived