crx help?

strrter

hey eveyrbody

well i just got a 1988 crx hf a couple days ago and im looking to do some mad modifing to the car and well the first thing i was looking at since it leaks oil is doing an engine swap and i was wondering what would be the best deal on an engine for the right amount of horsepower and i have been told by my friend who has a 90 crx that it would be wise to swap in a zc swap i was wondering if there was a better fit for that amount of money and also the suspension sucks!!! and i was wondering what would be the best route to fix that and i was also wondering what route on exterior i should go you know rims,body kits all that good stuff all your help is apperciated thanks

Joel

hmotorsonline.com a lot of people on here suggest that site that ive seen. they have fairly good prices too. the ZC is way cheap. i have an 89 crx with a sohc ZC and its pretty heavily modded and that thing rips. well right now im rebuilding it but i used to beat my buddy in his GSR, it had a lot of stuff done to it head work bolt ons etc. i beat a 95 vette but he screwed up shifting lol. they was supprised at how fast it was. and the sohc ZC is a drop in meaning you dont need to buy after market motor mounts, save you big bux there. as for a tranny just get a crx si tranny for a good gear ratio. the ZC tranny is pretty hard to find. as for rims i dont know what you like, get what you think looks best or performs best, i would personally get adj. coilovers for suspension. as for body kit, again, its what you like. i have the WW mugen kit and it looks clean cuz its not all space age lookin lie some ugly kits ive seen. other wise i would keep it stock for exterior, maybe shave the side moldings and paint it. do you have any pics of what your working with? good luck with it

ya i got some pics its definttley needs a lot of work if you give me your email i can send you some pics and yo coudl suggest to me what you think i should do to make it look and run the best...just out of curiouisy what mods do you have done to that engine of yours if your beating a gsr you got to be pushing a lot of power i would think. but i have a couple friend i live with that street race that are helping me build this car up and i cant wait till its all done so i can kick some ass out there...well ttyl

hmotorsonline.com a lot of people on here suggest that site that ive seen. they have fairly good prices too. the ZC is way cheap. i have an 89 crx with a sohc ZC and its pretty heavily modded and that thing rips. well right now im rebuilding it but i used to beat my buddy in his GSR, it had a lot of stuff done to it head work bolt ons etc. i beat a 95 vette but he screwed up shifting lol. they was supprised at how fast it was. and the sohc ZC is a drop in meaning you dont need to buy after market motor mounts, save you big bux there. as for a tranny just get a crx si tranny for a good gear ratio. the ZC tranny is pretty hard to find. as for rims i dont know what you like, get what you think looks best or performs best, i would personally get adj. coilovers for suspension. as for body kit, again, its what you like. i have the WW mugen kit and it looks clean cuz its not all space age lookin lie some ugly kits ive seen. other wise i would keep it stock for exterior, maybe shave the side moldings and paint it. do you have any pics of what your working with? good luck with it

i dont have too much done to it, but engine wise i have AEM intake stage 2 port job on the intake mani, skunk2 valve terrain, 3 angle valve job, stage 2 cam shaft, AEM ajust. cam gear, AEM tru power pulleys, AEM fuel rail and FPR, DC sports header, custom dyno max exhaust header back 2.75" pipeing. 9mm plug wires, iridium plugs, motor ground kit, polyurethane bushings, short shifter, shift stiffening kit, Chipped ECU (8900rpm limit) and stock ECU. 300cc injectors wlabro 255lp fuel pump. cant think of the rest if im missing anything.

suspension is just maxspeed full adj. coilovers on all 4 corners, tie rods, strut bars, and sway bars all front and rear, 10.8 lb konig wheels, nitto 555r's, and the mugen WW kit. thats almost everything.

just post pics on here, when u reply click add reply instead of fast reply and click on the little picture icon to add pictures and upload some.

hey i just got some pics up on cardomain...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2434606

i dont have too much done to it, but engine wise i have AEM intake stage 2 port job on the intake mani, skunk2 valve terrain, 3 angle valve job, stage 2 cam shaft, AEM ajust. cam gear, AEM tru power pulleys, AEM fuel rail and FPR, DC sports header, custom dyno max exhaust header back 2.75" pipeing. 9mm plug wires, iridium plugs, motor ground kit, polyurethane bushings, short shifter, shift stiffening kit, Chipped ECU (8900rpm limit) and stock ECU. 300cc injectors wlabro 255lp fuel pump. cant think of the rest if im missing anything.

suspension is just maxspeed full adj. coilovers on all 4 corners, tie rods, strut bars, and sway bars all front and rear, 10.8 lb konig wheels, nitto 555r's, and the mugen WW kit. thats almost everything.

just post pics on here, when u reply click add reply instead of fast reply and click on the little picture icon to add pictures and upload some.

its pretty sweet, id keep the front bumper thats on there already, i have the same one, IMO they look the best on CRX's compared to other kits, the R34 kit is the only other one i like.

how much did you get it for, and what all does it have done to it already? i noticed it has some exhaust and the angel projector headlights.

If i were you, too keep it cheap, easy, and powerful, just swap a D16Z6 or D16Y8, they run about 300-500 bux. and get a 92-95 Si tranny or 92-00 EX tranny. they come with the shortest (most fun) gears for D-series motors. then start building the motor, Id throw a turbo on it cuz even with little boost, a single cam vtec turbo is a fun ass car and dependable if built, tuned, and maintained correctly.

Hey well i piad 600 bucs for the car and besides the lights it has an intake and a differnt shifter knob...the boyd kit needs a little work and the rest of the kit. but thats about all for the mods

its pretty sweet, id keep the front bumper thats on there already, i have the same one, IMO they look the best on CRX's compared to other kits, the R34 kit is the only other one i like.

how much did you get it for, and what all does it have done to it already? i noticed it has some exhaust and the angel projector headlights.

If i were you, too keep it cheap, easy, and powerful, just swap a D16Z6 or D16Y8, they run about 300-500 bux. and get a 92-95 Si tranny or 92-00 EX tranny. they come with the shortest (most fun) gears for D-series motors. then start building the motor, Id throw a turbo on it cuz even with little boost, a single cam vtec turbo is a fun ass car and dependable if built, tuned, and maintained correctly.

Ya it runs the engine runs great cept for that oil leak and hopefully i get it plated soon and im goin to drive it and just replace the oil and drive it to work until i get enough to get one of those engines than drop it in and start showing people around here what street racing is all about...

well crap if the thing runs u got a damn good deal. fix that oil leak or if u have a few hundy sittin around go get a Z6 or Y8 like i was talkin about.

man i bought my crx for 50 bucks lol but its a peice of crap i have no motor i have a tranny lol a dash gage pod door panel and umm the seats i have springs sittin in the back of the car and no struts lol and a pretty thrashed hood and fenders i had to get a passenger window from a junk yard and i just order my struts for it so yea slowly but surely it will get to what i want it to be but for mods i say go to cardomain.com and look get ideas but don't just copy peps

Aiight man, suspension....go with some cheap azz coilovers...BUT get u some nice shocks. Like some Tockico Illuminas or KYB AGP shocks. those both are 5 way adjustable for ur convienience. b/t/w, if u drop that mug, get a dang camber kit. over half of the ppl that drop their cars dont get a camber kit...and they have to replace all 4 tires within 8 months. I personally like my b16a1 with my Y1 tranny...it's fast.....okay, it's REALLY fast. but yea, idk, u got the lightest model of the newer style CRX's...you prolly wanna add some weight to the rear...I was racing in my Si and i noticed at around 110mph, the rear end was lifting offa the ground.

n e wayz, good luck to ya, i'd love to buy ur car!

$

$$

$$$

$$$$

$$$$$

$$$$

$$$

$$

$

like b16a1crxsir said go with the tockico illuminas shock but go with ebiach ( if i spelt that rite i have no clue lol) springs car would ride sweet and handle real nice...

ne ways how much would u be offering

Aiight man, suspension....go with some cheap azz coilovers...BUT get u some nice shocks. Like some Tockico Illuminas or KYB AGP shocks. those both are 5 way adjustable for ur convienience. b/t/w, if u drop that mug, get a dang camber kit. over half of the ppl that drop their cars dont get a camber kit...and they have to replace all 4 tires within 8 months. I personally like my b16a1 with my Y1 tranny...it's fast.....okay, it's REALLY fast. but yea, idk, u got the lightest model of the newer style CRX's...you prolly wanna add some weight to the rear...I was racing in my Si and i noticed at around 110mph, the rear end was lifting offa the ground.

n e wayz, good luck to ya, i'd love to buy ur car!

well im not really looking to sale but if you make me the right offer my mind might change...but imsorry to hear about you being screwed over...im kinda in a rough situation my self...but just make me an offer and we will see what we can do

depends....how much u lookin to get?

i just got scammed for 3 grand...so yea im kinda short on cash right now.

Archived