93 civic...which were vtec?

werd

im abouto get a 93 civic lx sedan...its got somewhere round 150,000 miles on it, but i dont think that will be a problem...needs a lil body work but thats good since i wnna do some regardless.  anyway... is an Lx  vtec...if not, which models were??  thanks....

• 4 weeks later...
All EX civics are vtec

not true, ex just has a slightly larger engine but it is not vtec, the only vtec civics that are sold with the engine new are the Si and the Type R.

All EX civics are vtec

not true, ex just has a slightly larger engine but it is not vtec, the only vtec civics that are sold with the engine new are the Si and the Type R.

The LX civic does not have vtec.  Wow trepid-for a "senior moderator" you sure dont know jack crap about cars.  Just to enlighten you...the ex and the hx are both equipped with vtec.  The dx,lx,ex come with d series engines, of which the ex is enhanced with vtec.  The Si and Type-R come with a B-16 vtec enhanced engine.  as for your comment about the ex having larger engines...they all have 1.6 liters u idiot.  I am not certain about this, but i believe that the vtec in the d series engines only adjust the valve timing when it engages whereas in the b series engines, vtec adjusts both the valve timing and the lift.  Again, i dont mean to flame but some people like Trepid really tick me off....you should read what he said in the integra forum about the b20 engine.

I'm sorry, my bad... I had simply made an assumption due the the fact that the EX is stock with only like 12 more horsepower I didn't think it was vtec, I guess I should read more closely next time.    

For theoverachiever:

I apoligize if my remarks on this board have upset you, I admit that I did not research very well and some of the things I posted were wrong(very wrong in some cases)  I am still learning about all this stuff and merely posted those answers because at the time there was very little posting going on here and I did not want to let the posts sit unanswered.  I figured I may as well answer.  As far as my Senior Moderator rank that is there because of my technical knowledge with IB and other aspects of creating and adjusting settings with a board(you can check www.anime-forum.com to see mine) I was not made moderator because of my knowledge in Honda or Acura.  As far as how you remarked towards my comments I feel somewhat targeted and it is understandable but your remarks need not be so harsh.  Now that there are more members that visit regularly with more knowledge than what I can supply I will refrain from guess answers from assumptions and respond on what I am sure about.

I don't want you to leave this board because you do supply a lot of good responses to the questions posted but I would appreciate that you be a little more civil about how you respond to inaccurate or off the wall remarks by me or others.

people lats not forget about the 5th gen civic hatch back the vx it has a 1.5 VTEC

future reference

on the 5th gen civic (92-95)

the ones that are VTEC are:

EX, SI, VX, HX

96 and up

EX, HX, SI

Si engine codes

92-95 Si

D16Z6 (SOHC VTEC)

99-00 Si

B16A2 (DOHC VTEC)

Archived