ECU problem

dcletten

ok, i have a little problem

my current setup, d16a with a d15b ecu, when im driving around town my car will load up on gas at about 2000-3000 rpms, bogs a little when i hit the gas, then clears and runs like normal, also idles a little low but that doesnt bother me, doesnt do it all the time, just every once in a while, normally in 3rd n 4th gears, happens when im ust cruisin and i hit the gas when im goin to change lanes or pass someone or somethin, also doesnt have the 3rd gear pull as it should, i think it may be hindering performance but i dont think its really hurting the motor all that much, but i would relaly like it fixed, if anyone has any remedies or ideas to help me fix it im all ears, please let me know. thnx

thats what hmotors sent me, my cars obd1 and i wanted the sohc vtec zc(which is obd1) and this is the motor thats sent to me which is obd2, i eventually want to boost it with chrome so i kinda wanna stay obd1

D16A are not obd 1. they are before obd or pre obd. they came in integras 89 and down. as far as ZC , thats a pre obd engine as well. id get in touch with them if i were you and express nastily my unhappiness with the current situation.

no, my motor is OBD-2 it came out of a 96, its basically the same thing as a usdm y8 only with a more wild cam, and the SOHC ZC VTEC that i wanted in the first place was obd1 thus the appeal of it in the first place, but i got sent the other one which actually ended up having more power so i made it work, and its running better than the crappy d15b7 that was in there, but is just getting too much gas, and im just wondering if theres a cheap way i can get it fixed without going obd2, the only thing i can think of would be to get chrome and set the map to the d16a map, but that still isnt exactly cheap

Archived