Proper fuel filter replacement advice needed on '96

jagalag

Well....

I just got this no-name filter from Deathzone auto parts and the guy there couldn't explain to me what these three washers in the box were for... There are two large ones and one small one.

In my Haynes manual it says that the two big ones are for the banjo bolt that secures the filter on the topside.... I don't know what to do with the smaller one though...

I don't want to become a moving fire hazard so any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

There should be a bolt on top of one of the banjo bolts. It's used to check for fuel pressure in diagnosing starting problems. The washer most likely goes there.

dude! my advice! take it to ur dealer. it'll only cost u $45.00 to have replaced but the job will be done correctly and u won't blow up. jiffy lube wouldn't change my fuel filter and they specialize in this area. there's a purpose for the third small washer. good luck!

Archived