Rims for 97 Accord

Hi everybody, I have 97 Honda Accord with V6 engine. I am about to buy rims for it, but I am contemplating on what to get: 17s or 18s. I should mentione that my car is "dropped" about 1.5"? I was wondering, if I get 18" would they rub against fenders on turns? Any suggestions are appretiated. THANX...

You should deffo be okay with 17s on there with that drop. I have an accord lowered more than that on 17s and it's okay, though I wouldn't recommend it cuz it rides like hell.

I'm actually parting out that accord, though. It has 17 motegi mr7s on it. In okay condition, a little curb-scarred all around but deffo fixable, and if you're not into fixing they look fine when you're not right up on 'em. If you're interested, PM me and I can send you pics.

You should deffo be okay with 17s on there with that drop. I have an accord lowered more than that on 17s and it's okay, though I wouldn't recommend it cuz it rides like hell.

I'm actually parting out that accord, though. It has 17 motegi mr7s on it. In okay condition, a little curb-scarred all around but deffo fixable, and if you're not into fixing they look fine when you're not right up on 'em. If you're interested, PM me and I can send you pics.

Thanks, but I kinda decided on the type of rims I want (KONIG Trouble) I just need to figure out the size...

Well, if you want my advice on size I would say 17". I worked in a tire shop for like 8 months and learned a very interesting fact. 18 inch tires are expensivo. Plus they'll ride a bit rougher cuz you'll have to have really low-pro tires on there. The 17s on my accord look plenty big with the drop (I think it's about 2" right now).

97accordjdm, the accord I've got is a 92 base level variety. I'm gonna strip it sometime in the next three weeks, so if you need anything, just PM me with offers. I've only got a few pieces I'm really looking to make money off of (such as the rims and the stage 1 clutch with less than 1k miles on it), so I'll be flexible about prices for sure.

Archived