SLAVE CYLINDER BLOWN

willthiswork89

that has got to be the easiest thing i've ever replaced on my car. you get a flare nut wrench prefferably ( like a box end, but it has a small opening so you can slip the clutch line through it) and remove the drain plug:

frontbar-front.jpg

then you unbolt the two small bolts hoding on the slave cylindar and just put the new one on in reverse of those instructions. make sure you bleed the clutch lines afterward to remove any air in the lines. it takes two people. connect a hose to the end of the drain plug and have one person depress the clutch. put the flare nut wrench on the drain plug and loosen it. when fluid/bubbles stop flowing tighten the bolt and then have them release the clutch pedal. repeat until no more air comes out.

actually the master cylinder blew too, fluid all inside my firewall on my floor boards, it sucks dude, the master is like 68 bucks, they want like 200 to install it but i might just do it my self, it seems simple enough. i wonder hat caused them both to blow? guess ill never know lol. thanks so much for the help guys

I have a 1986 honda accord LX (217000k's on it) , should i give car to buyer for value of 500$, give 1000 cash,

for a 1992 honda accord LX ? (345000 k's on it)??

i have a friend who will do this for me ? is it worth it ??

if you got fluid everywhere , im inclined to say maybe you got a busted line , and your clutch parts might still be good.

Archived