2002 civic problem?

chc

I got my new Honda Civic last month. After some days, I heard some noise from inside of hood when I stopped the engine (pa pa pa, something like this). About 5 minutes later, the noise dissappeared. What's the problem?

When I just got the Civic, it could run 36 mile/gallon, but now it only run 30 mile/gallon. I have driven 3000 miles. Any suggestion?

Thank you!

I really don't know much about the new civics but since its brand new the dealer is your bitch so you should go over there and take them in the car and see what they think about the problem... As far as the mileage goes that all depends on how you drive and where you drive... if you drive in the city it goes down a lot and if you drive fast in town that would greatly drop your mileage average.  Try testing it next time you go on a long trip where there is a lot of freeway involved and see if its the same.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have an 02 Civic and I am not having any engine problems or weird noises coming out of the engine. I did have problems with my drivers door. The window wouldn't stay in the track for some reason and the door always rattled. Since the dealer is "my biatch" right now I took it there several times and now..no more rattle. I've been watching my mileage and so far it always stays about 30-38mpg..depending on if I'm on the highway more than in the city. Poor baby has 6500 miles already :mad: Have you taken out the stock speakers in the doors yet. Let me warn you it's a pain in the @$$ to put different speakers in because the hole isn't round, it's a horseshoe shaped. We had to cut bigger holes in the door so that my kicker speakers would fit in the holes. So far my civic hasn't been as easy to work with as the 98's were. Oh well, just thought I'd give my input!

Archived