Fuel Pump???

aeongap

I've got an 87 Honda Accord and this past week have had some problems.

On Monday morning, it wouldn't start at all, called roadside assistance to come, checked the battery, the spark and finally poured gas directly into the carb and it started and kept going. It was fine all week and then this morning it did the same thing, although this time it wouldn't keep going after putting gas in the carb.

It started but as soon as I put my foot on the gas, it would stall, like when the gas we poured in burnt it would stall again.

My filters got changed about 2 months ago, along with a full tune-up. Is it my fuel pump or what else could it be?

Thanks.

well to me it sounds like the fuel pump, i had a problem with gas mileage and the fact that at low speeds it wanted to bog out , i changed the fuel pump and it was perfectly fine. do u notice when u started the car in the morning any hesitation?, if so and ur fuel filter was already changed then ur pump is screwed.

Update:

I went and tried to start it this morning and no problems, started up right away and was able to step on the gas and gas was getting through, drove it for about 10 minutes and it was fine.

Do fuel pumps do that because I was under the impression that when they stop working they just stop, and don't work intermittently. Is it still the fuel pump?

Archived