Exchanging Rear 6X9 Speakers

phillyhonda800

This is an FYI for anyone who needs to replace their rear speakers in a 96 honda accord ex sedan or similiar rear layout. I just bought a pair of pioneer 300 watt rear 6X9 speakers and they fit perfectly. There was some talk in a forum in here about having to customize the rear panel so that the speakers fit accordingly.

Your new 6X9 rear speakers will fit without having to customize it. You do not need to use the grill that your new speakers came with as the original grill for your honda will fit and cover your new speakers just right. I think that is what this one forum experienced. S/he may have added the speaker grill too thus creating a gap between the honda's grill and the speakers grill.

Moreover, for anyone who buys 6X9 speakers through circuit city online, their website is incorrect in respect to 6X9 rear speakers not fitting. I have notified them about this error.

Well my new speakers are kicking butt. I love them. Have fun installing and ROCK ON!!!

I guess I'll confirm this for the '94 Accord as well. I've upgraded from stock 6x9's to Kenwoods and the installation went smoothly without any modifications necessary. The only pain was putting in and taking out the rear screws, since I didn't have a screwdriver small enough to do the job (the rear windshield is pretty close to the screws in the rear side of the 6x9's) so I had to use a phillips head drill bit (just the bit) and a pair of pliers but it got the job done. No extra modifications necessary.

Happy installing!

Archived