94 accord heater blower not working

asvajlenkaiv

Ok, so i just bought a 94 accord ex a few weeks ago. When i bought it, the heater blower worked fine. But after 2-3 days, it started acting funny. Sometimes when id turn it on, it would blow heat fine, other times it would do nothing. So now, it never blows. I thought that maybe it was a loose wire so i checked the connection to the knob. It is fine. No loose wires there. Then i thought that maybe a fuse wasnt in all the way. So i checked them all and made sure they were all nice and tight. Then i thought that maybe the knob was bad. So i pulled out the knob and checked it with an ohmmeter. It was fine. My next step, as far as i can tell, is to pull out the blower motor, and check for loose wires. If I dont find any, how do i test the blower motor? Or what else could be wrong? If youve ever had this problem before, or may be able to help in anyway, please post some help. Thanks.

why don't you start by checking to see if you have B+ voltage at the blower motor. if the power is there then your motor is probably bad. you can double check by connecting it straight to a battery with some jumper wires. give this a shot. there is many other things to check but this will normally cover it. of course allways start with the fuses and relays.

Archived