How easy is it to change brake pads+tighten handbrake?

milkissolid

Are you talking brakes all around, or just up front? Up front is really easy!! A couple simple tools, and a clamp to push the piston back in is all you need, and all you really do is look at the old while on, and do the same with the new. If you're doing rear drums, it gets kind of tricky. I actually just did my rear drums for the first time, and it wasn't that bad. An experienced friend helped, and I've done like 4 more cars since with no probs., but you need special tools to make it easy, and you should replace stuff like springs and clips while in there, IMO!

I'm not sure about your car, but my civics E brake adjuster is under the armrest, and is a cake walk to adjust. There's just a door you pop off in the back seat, and a adjuster screw right in the open.

changing the brake pads is pretty difficult the first time if you are not familiar with it. you are going to need a good set of sockets, ratchets, and wrenches 8-17mm wrenches and sockets.

adjusting the handbrake is in the armrest. there is a door on the bottom of the pocket in the armrest. pop it off and get a.. i dunno, 12 mm wrench and tighten it up.

if you need anymore help, just ask.

good luck

Thanks for your help, i changed my front pads this afternoon, and it went really well, no more squeaking. i would recommend people giving a shot your self.

i might leave the back pads for a while then.

i will try the handbrake tommorow.

thanks agin for your help.

Archived