Prelude Frankenstein build

garveysboy

Hey I plan on doing a frankenstein swp on my 99 prelude and im just trying to read up on it and get some advice about it. I was told that if you plan on putting the h22 head on the h23 bottom end that u have to run a seprate oil line to the head and get the head or block machined, and i was also told that the h23 does not have a crank sensor and that you have to do ECU work or either the check engine light will be on or it wont run. If anyone can tell me what they know about the frankenstein and if its a good idea i would greatly appricite it. thanks alot.

i've never had any experiences w/ a setup like that. is there a reason why u wanna do it?

well the the h22 makes up some nice hi end power and the h23 makes nice lowend so you have the h23 to push you in the low and the h22 head with the vtech to push you through the high.

do you have access to a h22 top end and a h23 bottom end? cause if you only have access totthoseparts have at it, but if your gonna buy 2 motors there are better things to do.

well what els is there to do inorder to do that. i have a hole h22 with spun bearings. and i can get a whole h23 bottom end fully put togather. i mean could i chang out the parts i need for the h23 to the h22 like bearings and rods and the crank and stuff or should i just say fawk it and do a stright h22 to h22 engine swap. and if so what could i sell off the block with the bad bearings. thanx again

Archived