ECM

CivicGirl

Well the ECM went out on my car and I"m not sure were it is so I can change it out. I have an '01 Honda Civic. Can anyone help me out?? I keep getting told that it is in all different places I want to be sure before I start this task where it is! Thanks!

well im not sure where it is on your car. but its pretty easy to figure out where it isnt. have you looked under your dash/ behind your glovebox. or you can try lookin under the hood and seeing where the main harness goes through the firewall. chances are it is fairly close to there. let me know if you find it.

• 1 month later...

I know this has been dead for awhile but I found the ECM and i took the front bolt off, but i am having a hard time getting the ecm out, i can see two more bolts but i can't gett to them are they whats holding it in or is it something else, is there more than wires clipped in the back? any help is appreciated. I did find it behind the glove box on the firewall.

those ytwo bolts are prolly holding it in, there is a tool for every job you will ever need to do, all you need is the right tool to get to those bolts. the only thing that should be connected to your ecm is wires and they all unplug so its not hard

It should be a dealer thing but they are the ones that broke the damn thing in the first place. I don't trust them now!! I have an extended warrantee and that isn't covered ironically enough!!

Yes the wing is a big one! I like 'em big!! haha

P.S. Thanks!!

Archived