jdm or usdm engine?

i was looking at the engine in my sol yesterday and there is japanese writing stamped into it all over the place. do the usdm engines have japanese writing on them or is the engine jdm?

the engine is a swaped b16sir2 the guy that i bought the car told me he got it from japan but i didnt pay attention to him cause it didnt seam like he new what he was talking about. the writing is just to the left of the header. where's the engine code on these hondas? im not at my house right now so i cant go look. i got a ride with a buddy to his house cause we are headed out to washington tomorrow.

Theres a little square stamped on the block, as you said left of the header, look near the line joining the tranny to the block, its along that line pretty easy to find, the numbers/letters will be engraved, and possibly faded, so youll need some light to see them. Good luck!

paying my bills :D and i was wondering since the engine is jdm will the check engine light still work? and how can i tell what year the engine is? thanks for all the help you guys have givin me :thumbsup:

Archived