Starting troubles

Joe W

had the day off today and was messin wit my rex and ive been havn trouble gettin it to start. so i started troubleshooting and i think it may be fuel related like the fuel pump. but i was wonderin if anyone else might have some other input

no it was just kinda random like i guess about a week ago it would only start sometimes but now it wont start at all just keeps cranking. so i checked the wires to make sure that the pump was getting power and it was, then i disconnected the line that runs to the filter and it was running out fine when the key was off then when i would try to start it the pump should have shot gas all over the place but it wasnt puttin out enough to start weed eater. after that i sprayed carb cleaner into where the intake and the throttle body and it would start then die out soon as it burned up

if that doesnt work try swappin out the main relay. my crx did the same n for some reason when it wouldnt start i would keep the key turned n just keep pumpim on the clutch n then it would crank over. are u gettin any codes???

i dont know. can you check without a diagnostic comp? like i know with gm cars you can trip the plug and then the check engine light will blink three times and then a set # of times after that and that is the code just look it up in the book/internet.

hondas are a lot easier u dont have to trip anything just get to ur ecu n count the number of times that the LED blinks:

0-ECU

1-o2 SENSOR

3/5-MAP SENSOR

4-CRANK ANGLE

6-COOLANT TEMPERATURE

7-THROTTLE ANGLE

8-TDC POSITION

9-No.1 CYLINDER POSITION

10-INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE

11-IMA (without CATA)

13-ATMOSHERIC PREASSURE (exc KQ)

14- ELECTRONIC AIR CONTROLL

15-IGNITION OUTPUT SIGNAL

16-FUEL INJECTOR

17-VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR

now just find out wich one ur gettin n its time to get it fixed. hope this helps u out.

Archived