dawrenn

What tint%  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What tint%

• 20%
    • 25%
    • 30%
    • 35%

I am planning on getting tint for my 99 Civic coupe and I was wondering what % I should get? I know in VA the legal limit is 35% but I had 20 on my previous car and never got pulled over. The darkest I will go is 20% Also should I get the same percent all the way around besides the windshield or get the quarter windows darker than the door windows?

Here is a pic of my car so you can get an idea:

DSC00575.jpg

Here are some pics of different %'s:

35%

highMine.jpg

sideBoth.jpg

civic2003.jpg

20%

IMG_2012-800.jpg

I am located in Virgina also. I work at a Tint shop, so I know a little about it. Yes, legal is 35 in the back, and 50 on the front two windows. 35% is what we sell the most. It looks good on most cars.

I can't see the pictures, my school has them blocked. Please describe your car.

20 is too dark, tickets will come your way. 35, there is a smaller chance to get a ticket. And with 35, a cop won't really tell if you have 35 or 50 on the front.

Why doesn't anyone like legal tint? Too dark is gay. But I also don't have any tint, so I can't comment on it.:thumbsup:

*EDIT*

Don't get the quarters darker than everything else. If you have the front two 50, and the back window 35, match the quarters with 35. Or just do 35 all the way around.. it looks good.

In Virginia, it is illegal to tint your windshield. ANY shade. Your car won't pass inspection if your windshield is tinted. Your allowed a 3 inch banner of tint across the windshield, but you can't go any lower. (I think its 3, lol). Thats why Saleen Mustangs weren't allowed to have the banner across the windshield, because of the stupid ass VA laws.

Another edit. We only deal with Soltex films, so, I don't know other brands. But Soltex doesn't have a 30, they only have 50,35,20, and 5. The 5 shows up as 2.5%, 20 shows up as 17% and 35 shows up as 33, or something. 50 shows up as 48%. Just to let you know.

I am located in Virgina also.  I work at a Tint shop, so I know a little about it.  Yes, legal is 35 in the back, and 50 on the front two windows.  35% is what we sell the most.  It looks good on most cars.

I can't see the pictures, my school has them blocked.  Please describe your car.

20 is too dark, tickets will come your way.  35, there is a smaller chance to get a ticket.  And with 35, a cop won't really tell if you have 35 or 50 on the front. 

Why doesn't anyone like legal tint?  Too dark is gay.  But I also don't have any tint, so I can't comment on it.:thumbsup:

*EDIT*

Don't get the quarters darker than everything else.  If you have the front two 50, and the back window 35, match the quarters with 35.  Or just do 35 all the way around..  it looks good.

In Virginia, it is illegal to tint your windshield.  ANY shade.  Your car won't pass inspection if your windshield is tinted.  Your allowed a 3 inch banner of tint across the windshield, but you can't go any lower.  (I think its 3, lol).  Thats why Saleen Mustangs weren't allowed to have the banner across the windshield, because of the stupid ass VA laws.

Another edit.  We only deal with Soltex films, so, I don't know other brands.  But Soltex doesn't have a 30, they only have 50,35,20, and 5.  The 5 shows up as 2.5%, 20 shows up as 17% and 35 shows up as 33, or something.  50 shows up as 48%.  Just to let you know.

what tint shop do you work at? Where in VA?

EDIT: What about 35% for the door windows and 20% for the quarter windows and the rear?

:thumbsup: CMR Tinting, in Portsmouth.

35 up front, 20 in the back would look good. But I don't like how cops like to target me already. So I'm sticking with legal, or none.

Its your taste. Just stick with the same % on the quarter windows as the back.

:thumbsup: CMR Tinting, in Portsmouth.

35 up front, 20 in the back would look good. But I don't like how cops like to target me already. So I'm sticking with legal, or none.

Its your taste. Just stick with the same % on the quarter windows as the back.

Here is a pic of 35% in the front and 20% in the rear, it does look pretty good.

103_0306.jpg

I think that is what I am going to go with.

Archived