Air Intakes

CivicLX04

Yeah, Injen makes some of the best out there. AEM is also good, and the V2 intake is supposed to be all special and crap by using sounds waves to move air, but ya know...I would go Injen personally.

Injen is far from the best.

The V2 doesn't use sound waves, they just use that for marketing.

Mugen, Comptech, Js, etc have the best intakes.

I think maybe you should read this article for yourself. http://www.tprmag.com/issue/1/1_intakes.shtml

Though Injen isn't the best intake it has functionality. Injen sells extensions for their short ram which turns it into a cold air intake. I went with Injen myself. Right now it's a short ram because it rains alot out here in April. I'm also developing a custom "Ice box" for the short ram so my intake doesn't suck hot air from the engine bay.

In my opinion you will be fine with an ebay intake. Make sure it's 3 inches in diameter and that it comes with a good air filter that has a velocity stack built in.

why don't you get a bypass on your cold air intake?

Well let me break it down like this. Some people might agree or disagree but this is my opinion.

Bypass valves suck. They lose air pressure, decrease alot of sound and power from the intake.

Injen > AEM

AEM had to be bitches about it. Look what they had to do to get the results they claimed.

Unless there is water high enough to submerge the filter, a CAI won't suck in water.

Archived