car is still overheating...help!!

spike10197

so here is a list of things that i did that i thought would stop my car from over heating

-Changed Thermostat

-Changed waterpump

-head block test to see if my heads are good

-checked and changed a few hoses that had small holes

-fans are working properly

so what else can i do?

oh yeah can a fuel injector problem be the cause of the overheating?

Have you done anything to the radiator? Since that is what is your first line of defense against overheating, really. Check coolant levels and whatnot.

You ever fix your head gasket? How'd that go?

i fixed everything. i did change the head gasket. wasnt as bad as i thought it would be.

you know what was weird when i was driving to ampm. it started to over heat a little bit. then i turned on the ac wich turns on the fans and it cooled back down to normal.

so there must be something wrong with my fans when i dont have the ac on.

what could it be?

sounds simple, but make sure to check your fuses too. and if you suspect the fans you can run a temporary bypass of the switch and have it run all the time to see if you are still having the same problem.

You already know what your problem is -- your fans aren't turning on, according to you. That's your problem. Don't worry about fuel injectors at all, even if they could cause a car to overheat.

You have two ways to fix your fan -- find out what is making it not kick on properly and fix that part of the system OR wire it to a switch in your car that you aways keep on (when the car is running) so that it runs all the time.

Archived