93 prelude just cranks over

I've read a couple posts here but none are working for me so yeah I have a 93 prelude si it has a f22a1 in it it cranks over but won't start it is getting fuel I've checked the rail it's getting spark I've check the wires I've replaced the plugs I've replaced the main relay you can tell it wants to start but doesn't it has back fired once idk what to do now let me his know what you think it is and I'll check it out thanks guys

Check timing and check compression.

If you are getting spark that means the timing belt isn't broken but that doesn't mean it hasn't slipped or skipped a few teeth. Don't assume because you have spark that the distributor is good. They are known for being faulty in lots of odd ways. It's an expensive part to be replacing so exhaust your diagnostics before spending the money. If you are lucky you might have a friend with one to borrow or your local parts shop has a liberal return policy.

If you do not have the tools to test compression at least check your coolant and oil to see if any fluid mixing has occurred. When coolant mixes with oil it starts to get milky colored, when oil mixes into coolant it starts to get dirty brown.

The back fire makes me think the issue is going to be a timing problem. Skipped belt or something. I don't really know the history on what brought you to this point but incorrect firing order could be an issue if this car has never run for you before or you just swapped the motor.

Archived