Civic EX 2012 Dealership Issue -- Advice?

vtriv

Hello everyone,

New member here...

A few weeks ago I purchased a 2012 Honda Civic EX. I chose to have the wing spoiler put on at the back. However, the car came in a few days ago and the dealership told me there was a "parts issue". Instead of the wing spoiler that I had paid for, they had applied the decked lid spoiler.

Now I'm paying almost $30 000 for this car and I personally find it unacceptable for this sort of mistake to occur. I don't even know how this mistake happens because I'm confident Honda must have done checks to ensure the parts added were the right ones.

The dealership says that they can't fix the spoiler problem, but I intend on keeping this car for a while and I don't want to regret not having the wing spoiler everyday that I see my car.

How can I resolve this situation? Any ideas? :S

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

If the dealer doesn't honor the agreement then you need to contact Honda directly to complain. My uncle works at their corporate office in Torrance and he said they take that stuff seriously. The dealer does not want a call from corporate about a mistake they made. Handle it quickly otherwise it will look like you just had buyers remorse.

Archived