92 Civic Wheel Stud Removal

B20egNBK

Hey everyone, my wheel lugs just recently broke off, and im trying to replace them. I'm sorry if this is a repeat topic, im new here and I need some assistance fast. I can't find anything online about this so I'm asking ya'll

I took everything off my brakes and everything. All the bolts are off and I'm left with the hub. There isn't enough clearance on the front wheel of the 92 to just poke out the old lug studs, so I was wondering how you take off the hub

Most cars have a slot in the back that allows the stud to slide out backwards, you dont have to remove the hub.

Studs5.jpg

I suggest you get some PB Blaster, that stuff is God's Lube, soak anything for 20 minutes and the nastiest, rustiest bolt will slide out. Besides that, lots of elbow grease, a rubber mallet, hammer. Patients.

blaster003%20023.jpg

There is also a stud removal tool

1223324106525__TigerTool_WheelStudBrakeSer_0.jpg

Most cars have a slot in the back that allows the stud to slide out backwards, you dont have to remove the hub.

Studs5.jpg

I suggest you get some PB Blaster, that stuff is God's Lube, soak anything for 20 minutes and the nastiest, rustiest bolt will slide out. Besides that, lots of elbow grease, a rubber mallet, hammer. Patients.

blaster003%20023.jpg

There is also a stud removal tool

1223324106525__TigerTool_WheelStudBrakeSer_0.jpg

Can you take a pic of the hub? Some of them have a single philip screw that holds it in place, some have a safety pin like device... dont know what a 92 looks like

Can you take one dead center so I can see the hub, sorry I didnt clarify earlier.

but looking at that, looks like you cut off the three hubs there, just blast them with PB Blaster, get a long punch and hit it with a heavy hammer

remove_wheel_stud.jpg

I think I remember that type of hub, there is a big nut on the center threaded bolt there. But first you must remove the little cover over it, you can see that thick ring in the center right? I think that's the cover and the bolt is right behind it, I saw something similar on a nissan

Here ya go

http://forums.acuralegend.org/remove-hub-assembly-replace-t6611.html?amp;

I was right on removing that center thing, you probably will need to buy new bearings and a good time to invest into that tool that removes them. check out rock auto for all your part needs

I hear most people take that to a car shop, center hubs require some decent torque, 180+

Make sure you have the ability to put it back in with proper ratings

yeah i just had to do that on my hatch recently and i did it sort of how the link say excep you know that black round metal sheet thing behind it? you can actually move that around until you find the spot that the stud will come out, you can use a tool or do it old school like i did i hammered it out, gently lol

killtodie, you were great help bud, glad you joined

Archived