The New Beast

Looks good. Have a name for her yet? The gauges look sweet in red as well as the stitching on the stearing wheel. Although it seems like the turbo gauge could have been in a better spot. I've seen the meters and gauges on the pillar. But its still a good looking interior.

looks great!

i like the black w/ gold pearl & gold bbs best, but it looks good in the white

how do you like it?

I agree that the black with the gold bbs is my favorite.... wouldn't be my choice to own though, cause black is so hard to clean. I think white and the darker gray are the most rare.

So, do you think it is faster than your del sol. I don't know how fast your sol was so, tell us the differences in power between the two. I testdrove an STI and plan to turbo my delsol in the future, so I'd be interested in your comparison.

grayghost- nah, no name yet. it hasnt come to me. the boost gauge is the factoy gauge. thats where they mount it no matter what. it was already installed in the car so it couldnt be taken out.

civicracinggirl- absolutely love it. it rides so damn smooth, and the sharpest turns feel like nothing.

b16vtec- same here. i liked the black, but a bitch to keep clean. but IMO i think white looks best, and it is the rarest of them all. my STi is the last STi that you can find in a dealer in NY,NJ,CT, RI, MA, PA.

as for it being faster than my del sol...

i must say, yes it is. i havent really been able to fully get on it yet, but the low end torque in this thing is ridiculous. no matter what gear you are in, it puts you in your seat. i was cruising on the palisades parkway and went to pass a car in 5th, and i just stayed in that gear and went around him, and i look down and i was doing almost 100. its crazy. your lucky to have testdrove an STi too. most dealers wont let you. i will say this though, it seems very close. its not like my del sol would get spanked by the STi. i think if i had my sol tuned and running some sort of fuel management it would be just as fast or faster. Ill soon to have a couple of goodies for it though, and then it wont be able to compare to the sol hehe. TBE on these things add a good 25+ horsepower to the wheels. people who have TBE and EM with there 05 STis with a tune consistantly see over 300whp and 300wtq.

Yeah, we went to St. Louis because they were offering some incentive with STI's offering them will all the goodies for 31,900. THey were originally asking 34,000 which I thought was high. We test drove it twice, and we test drove the legacy gt limited twice. My mom wanted the legacy, my dad wanted the STI, so we offerred the dealer 31k for the STI or 27K for the legacy gt. They turned it down so we left, then like 30 minutes later they called saying they would take our offer on the STI. My dad told them they lost their chance and that he wasn't going to play their "games". Hey at least we both got to drive an 05 STI and an 05 Legacy gt a couple of times.

Anyway, glad to see you like your car, and yes, the torque on those is insane.

Its beautiful. The wing is so big, its crazy. I have to say, the white does look very good. its almost as hard to keep white clean as it is to keep black clean. I've had both black and white cars, and I'd have to say they're pretty close for dirt-display. I've never seen a white sti before though...

the difference is though that you cant see the dirt on the white from afar. on the black you can. the wing isnt that big lol.

b16vtec - did you drive it yourself? did they let you get on it? break in suggests you dont go past 4k. i have but not that much. w/e you do, definitly turbo that del sol. you will be so glad you did. i just dont feel the torque as much as i do in the STi. then again, people said you couldnt really feel the torque in my car, but then you look down at the speedo and your like holy sh*t. as much as i loved the del sol, i dont think it pulled off a 13.2 1/4 mile like the STi does.

Actually the second time we test drove it the salesman didn't go with us, so it was just my dad and I. Once we got out of sight of the dealer, my dad pulled over and let me drive it...Also, we didn't test drive the exact one that we were planning on buying. They had about 6 or 7 of them. Yes, I took it over 4k. The one we drove was a dealer car though so it already had a couple thousand miles. Took it to redline once, which was actually hard to stay on it that long in St. Louis traffic. The biggest difference is that you don't really have to rev it up any before you take off like with hondas. I reved to about 3500 when I took off and about gave us both whiplash. Driving that thing, made me want to save up for turbo really bad, so I'm saving my money back now.

ohh gotcha. thats awesome. yeah the turbo on them spool up like almost instantly. its crazy. my del sol didnt spool until around 4 so it was laggy until it hit boost. this thing though, its just all boost. save up for turbo, its the best investment ever :thumbsup:

So would you suggest going with a straight t3? Didn't you have a T3/T4 setup of some kind? I guess lag until 4000 isn't all that bad when you redline at 8200 though. Just wondering if you wish you had a different turbo on the Del Sol or if the 4000 lag didn't bother you much.

a lag like that on a car that stays above 4000 when accelerating isnt that bad IMO

True. I guess with 8200 redline, you'd only be below 4000 for about 1 second and then you'd never go below until you let off of it. Plus 4000 is a lot quicker than the 5500 that I wait for Vtec to kick in.

yeah, the 4000 spool wasnt a problem. the b16 tranny is geared very short. you shift at redline and your way above 4000 rpms anyway, so your already spooling. the kinda good thing about late spool is also it hits harder :D i had a t3/to4e turbo. i wouldnt have changed the turbo out, it was perfect. t3 is the way to go.

dragongyrl- thanks. i love the gauges in the STi, they are so nice. the boost gauge unfortunatey lights up white so it doesnt match at night but it still is awesome... didnt you have a diff user name btw? haha

Plus, the lag time might be an advantage on a front wheel drive car, since you wouldn't have nearly as much wheel spin off the line. Of course, I'm sure you don't have any problems with your all-wheel drive monster either.

ahha nope none at all :laugh:

the del sol occasionally did break lose when you floored it from first, it sucked because i spun through second like it was nothing.

I don't know why he chose but here is a little comparison. STI's create more power with less boost than an EVO. That says a lot. An EVO runs at 18psi stock. That's a lot for a stock car. STI runs at 14psi stock I believe. Plus have you ever compared the interiors of the evo and STI? STI is much nicer. Anyway, I'm not trying to answer for xxscaxx, just showing some comparisons.

Archived