civic or corolla

Honda4me

looking for a second car for my wife. what do you guys think about the new corolla's.

i personally like the body style much better than my 2002 civic. and the new civic's have not changed much. so what do you guy's think. what are the pro's and the con's.

car will be an automatic.

i have been doing alittle on-line shopping, and have noticed that you are correct the corolla seems to the best value. not to mention the overall looks, which i think are much better than the civic. looks like i will be off to the toyota dealer this wekend. thank's

well i think the newer civics are a bit more reliable than the corolla....a friend of mine was going to purchase a saturn ion or a civic...she ended up gettin the civic cause its more reliable and was in her price range....so i dunno man, its really personal preference...but i would go with the civic :thumbsup:

But this guy is comparing a TOYOTA to a HONDA. If you want a car more reliable than a Honda, get a Toyota...its a conception of the general public and there is a reason why. They are often at the top of their class when it comes to reliability and overall ownership.

If you compare a completely stock 2005 Civic EX Sedan to a completely stock 2005 Corolla LE, you can see that the Corolla is a better buy. You get a better built car with just about the same standard equipment for about $3000 less than a Civic. You can get an even better deal for a 2005 Corolla XRS which blows a Civic Sedan away for $1000 less. As much as I love Honda, it's Civic is a stale product that has lasted since the 5th-6th Generation.

buddysol seems to be correct i have ask around about this xrs corolla. and all agree that it will blow the doors off any civic. i even ask owners of civics and none of them even argured the point. tho some said "well if you add this or if you add that to a civic" then it may beat the xrs but when i reverted back that both cars must be stock then they just shut thier mouths. but the only reason i won't get one is because i must have automatic and the xrs only comes in 6speed standard. but that is on hell of a nice car.

I've always thought of honda and toyota as the most reliable, but I have had more experience with toyota. I had a toyota corolla with 180,000 miles and my wife had a toyota camry with 220,000+ miles on it and neither had any problems excpet using a small amount of oil. I haven't taken a honda up that high, but know many who have and would trust it equally as the toyota. I would say that reliability isn't even a question with a honda and toyota....both are great, so get which one you perfer. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples.....ie compare the bottom line corolla to the bottom line civic and compare the top of each car to each other.

i also have had 2 camry both with 180,000 plus miles on them. i currenty also have a 1991 accord with 256,000 miles on it and still runnig strong only burns a very little oil. which can be expected for a car that has many miles. but i do change the oil every 3,000 miles like clockwork.

Archived