de sol swaps

summerofsam44

b16a2 is as close as your gonna get. I didn't wan't to swap mine, so I just bought a VTEC and sold my s model. Otherwise I wouldn't have had all the stuff the VTEC car has. I think the b16a2 is close, and fits on the same mounts, but you can't just buy only the engine and just put it in...

I have a really good deal on the d16y8 a complete built engine thats come that a full turbo set up and there is only 40k on it If i did want to swap woudl it be fairly easy? Will everthing just fall in place and i would just have to worry about changing it over from OBD-1 to OBD-2? thanks for all the help

you would need a obdII to obdI harness.

fully built and turboed? what psi was it running and what was it in before hand? and how many miles on the turbo kit

I have a really good deal on the d16y8 a complete built engine thats come that a full turbo set up and there is only 40k on it If i did want to swap woudl it be fairly easy? Will everthing just fall in place and i would just have to worry about changing it over from OBD-1 to OBD-2? thanks for all the help

I wouldn't buy that engine. you really have no clue what's really done to it. build your own engine.

I wouldn't buy that engine. you really have no clue what's really done to it. build your own engine.

+1.... and anyway, then there is no project behind it, everything is done for you.

Word! Im keeping my d16z6 ok now here is another question then how well do you think this set up will work...throw any ideas or suggestions if you can thanks guys

Here is what i plan on and can afford to do: eagle rods, port and polish the head, stage 2 clutch, new timing belt along with headgasket etc... and maybe crower cams..then boosting How do you think this setup will work out? any suggest would be great thanks

depending on your goals, i'd go with a B series. then again, i'd go with a B series anyways because there is more potential.

I'd save up for the turbo kit first. buy the kit and then start saving up for internals, and just run low boost for a while. thats what i did. if i was keeping my car id be buying all internals right now and have them waiting to all be installed.

Yeah but wouldnt it be a pain in the ass to boost the car, then acouple of months later rip it all apart do all the internal and then reinstall the turbo again? I was kinda curious with this set up as well where this woudl be taking me, what kind of results im expected from those mods and is what i have listed a really good set up? thanks again

Archived