Need Advice

YortDaddy

i am currently lookin at an 89 honda crx. rite now there is a b20 in it but the guy is goin to swap back for the stock engine..a d16 sohc vtech... he is sellin it for 3000 but it has a mugen kit wing and a brand new paint job... it is hollowed out and has new tires and suspension it has a custom exhaust system all the way down said he paid like five hundred for it... the car has no rust and no dents. The only thing i am worried about is ive never heard of a d16 engine.. i dont know that much about cars but from what ive learned since hes told me is that its vtech and and has around 106 hp.. it is going to be stock and from what i know has very low miles. is this car worth the three grand he wants for it or should i wait on another one to come by?

so three grand is too much for it then? i know of people paying 2500 for 89's and they said they were happy with it..... also i am from minot north dakota and i dont come across crx's very often... so thats why i was lookin for help on the decision

also are the d series honda engines better than the b series?

Define better?

and wouldnt the whole suspension and transmission need to be swapped to go back to the stock engine?

Just the transmission and ECU.

what he said on the motor.

it's not a mugen kit.

3,000 is around what crx's are selling for these days, which is pretty ridiculous IMO, but that's how it is.

Archived