Ipod in del sol

Mr.Good

When I got my del sol, it had stock casset player. I was thinking between a CD player or an Ipod. final I got the ipod. I'm currently using the FM transmitter with the Ipod but the quality is not good. did anyone of you guys connected the ipod directly to the stereo. Do I have to remove the stereo to have access to the line in port? or is it hanging out somewhere?

I found a cable beneath the driver seat. what is that for?

Thanks in advance for your help

• 6 months later...

Since you have a stock radio, it will be hard, nearly impossible to do what your trying to do. I have seen the back of the stock radio and there is only one input and that is where your factory wireharness goes. This is a honda, not a mercedes. Just get a new head unit, even a cheep $50 one would work, then direct connect. and the sound quality is much better, trust me. I have a 20 gig dell dj, and dont need a radio anymore.

Dan Sol

i'm rocking the cd to cassette adapter for my ipod. i just turn the volume 1/2 way up on the ipod and then control it after that on the sol's headunit. sounds fine to me, except when the ams starts searching around for the "tape". bleh. eventually i'll get around to getting a decent headunit with an ipod hookup.

oh, and the cable underneath your seat should be for the seatbelt indicator

yup...there are a couple kits out there that can hook-up to stock receivers, usually using the inputs for the cd-changer. they usually come with adapters for stock receivers and all that goodness. Ken should know, i was looking at them at Best Buy.

• 2 months later...
When I got my del sol, it had stock casset player. I was thinking between a CD player or an Ipod. final I got the ipod. I'm currently using the FM transmitter with the Ipod but the quality is not good. did anyone of you guys connected the ipod directly to the stereo. Do I have to remove the stereo to have access to the line in port? or is it hanging out somewhere?

I found a cable beneath the driver seat. what is that for?

Thanks in advance for your help

Try this:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/USA-Spec-Ho...roductDetail.do

US Spec also makes a single Aux input for 1/3 less.

I've got it working and it sounds as good as a CD changer.

all you really have to do is buy a decent CD player and hook the Ipod up to the RCA cable input and output and if you have a system just buy two way RCA cable adaptors... so you can hook up your ipod to your CD player and your system into the Cd player also... Oh yeah and VR17 the PSP indash thing is really old.. like 3 or 4 of my friends put a PSP in their dash a few weeks after the PSP came out... not dogging your idea its a good idea but its really old...

OR, rather than buying a "cheap" cd player, you could pay a little more and get something decent. I have an Alpine headunit in my Sol now, cost under $200 for the unit, but is still something that will work (and last). My bf got the iPod interface for me (part of xmas), so now my iPod gets charged while it's hooked up to the unit, and I control the iPod from the headunit rather than the iPod. The Apline iPod interface is $99, so you can spend ~ $300 and have everything you need to have a good setup for your iPod.

OR, rather than buying a "cheap" cd player, you could pay a little more and get something decent. I have an Alpine headunit in my Sol now, cost under $200 for the unit, but is still something that will work (and last). My bf got the iPod interface for me (part of xmas), so now my iPod gets charged while it's hooked up to the unit, and I control the iPod from the headunit rather than the iPod. The Apline iPod interface is $99, so you can spend ~ $300 and have everything you need to have a good setup for your iPod.

i got my Alpine for $30 and i got the RCA cables for free from my step dad... all you really need to do is find someone that is selling their good headunit for cheap... at least thats what i did, just make sure that it works before you buy it...:thumbsup:

Archived