lights

carib sol

my car was down for 5 years or so and i just bought it. the trunk has never really worked according to the man. but i have to get it liscenced and one light does not work at the back. i need to change the bulb on the right side but cant do it at the moment.

have you tried holding the key turned in the trunk release switch and trying to pull it open? If you can't turn that keyhole, for whatever reason, the trunk should still open from the inside. However, the trunk lock might be on. Mine lock filled with sand and I had to take it all apart on my old del sol. My new one has a spoiler, and the trunk release lever in the inside isn't strong enough to open it. I have to use the key.

have you tried holding the key turned in the trunk release switch and trying to pull it open? If you can't turn that keyhole, for whatever reason, the trunk should still open from the inside. However, the trunk lock might be on. Mine lock filled with sand and I had to take it all apart on my old del sol. My new one has a spoiler, and the trunk release lever in the inside isn't strong enough to open it. I have to use the key.

that blows, thats one thing i really wish i had in my del sol, a friggin trunk release! since i play hockey it was so annoying b/c id start my car up n forget to open up the trunk. so id have to shut off the car, open the trunk, get back in, start it up.. damn. i could have just bought a trunk release but i was too busy spending my money on performance upgrades :laugh: oh well.

Nope. Sorry. There has got to be a way of opening the trunk. Maybe you could get there from the cab. so, are you saying you have this car, a two seater, with no trunk? Where do you put all your stuff if you have to bring someone somewhere? You can't have subs in the trunk, can't use the spare tire, and can't change the light bulbs. Man, that sucks.

i think im either gonna cut a hole in the trunk top and put a perspex insert in orim gonna cut through the spare wheel bottom. and take appart all the machanism and remove it and get it working again. i have a good place to do it all i own a work shop.

Archived