what engine has more power

juicesintegra

i have a crx with a b16.....would it be faster if i put my ls engine in it? cause my friend's brother has a hatch with the ls in it and he says its faster, i dont believe it but i dont know really much about the difference of each one.......so i was wondering if i should keep the b16 in it or put the ls in it.....or maybe (if it would be better) to put the b16 head on the ls block...what do you guys think would be the fastest setup??? and do you think that the hatch would be faster, it just has stock ls engine, intake, exhaust.....mine is crx with b16, ITR cams, intake, exhaust?

You have a B16 swap.

If you want to do an LS/VTEC, then you have to use the LS block.

Before you go through the expense of building a LS/VTEC properly, just put in a LS and mate it with the B16 trans.

You have a B16 swap.

If you want to do an LS/VTEC, then you have to use the LS block.

Before you go through the expense of building a LS/VTEC properly, just put in a LS and mate it with the B16 trans.

True.

wasup bro the best setup would be ls/vtec, i have a 95hb with a bone stock b20b i smoked a hb with a jdm b16 in it and we had 2 people so yea i think the torqu helps alot!!!!!!!!! 
Now this statement, doesn't mean too much. Because I have beat 03+ Rsx-S, 99-00 Civic Si's, 94+ Integra Ls, ZC powered 4 doors, Civics with Integra swaps. All I have is a b16. Yes, torque helps, because when I raced the integra, he grabbed, but he had 16s and I'm runnin on stock steelies, but at the end of second I had him.

keep the b16 motor, and race the LS hatch. See whats faster.

Also, Its all in the driver. I have seen a 95 Civic Dx(intake exhaust, advanced ingition timing) pull on a 99 Si.

• 2 weeks later...

What about for the people who plan on keeping their cars for years and don't have oodles of money to invest.... You have to think of them too (even if it's not this guys case) when tossing ideas for motors out there. From my own experience (take my advice as you may as I'm a boosted kind of guy) of people that I've had come into my shop wanting everything from parts to motors is that even some of the best built LS/VTEC frankenstein torque monsters may last only four to five years. Again, I don't know these people that well to know their everyday driving styles (i.e. beating, driving nicely, whatever). I'm not saying don't do this or that but you have to consider the future of the car as well. I bought a Supra because it's one of my favorite cars in the world. It was an impulse buy kind of. I saw it on the lot, loved it an bought it. Never having dug deep into the workings of the MKIV before. Now, I wish I had because this car's been nothing but a basket of problems. Mostly stupid petty crap but now I have two blown stock turbos. (Not bitching as it's a perfect excuse for a single conversion! :thumbsup:) Anyways, just do your research on the dependability of whatever it is your considering doing. A car is a major expense, just something to think about....

woah, before you go crazy with the LS VTEC idea, if you are not up to that keep the b16. the ls is definitly not faster than a b16. they pull the same until you shift into second gear, and then you will pull like hell on an ls.

True.

Now this statement, doesn't mean too much. Because I have beat 03+ Rsx-S, 99-00 Civic Si's, 94+ Integra Ls, ZC powered 4 doors, Civics with Integra swaps. All I have is a b16. Yes, torque helps, because when I raced the integra, he grabbed, but he had 16s and I'm runnin on stock steelies, but at the end of second I had him.

keep the b16 motor, and race the LS hatch. See whats faster.

Also, Its all in the driver. I have seen a 95 Civic Dx(intake exhaust, advanced ingition timing) pull on a 99 Si.

you make a good point about that its all in the driver. also, if you race someone from a stop, its all about how well you launch your car and traction. if you do not have good tires that grip, it sucks. trust me. i hated trying to race people from a stop because all i get is spin and torque steer.

man, im gonna miss my little del solie :( its going to be out of my hands this monday or tuesday :(

....then the STi adventure starts. :p

Archived