bazooka sub/amp

they suck

that's just what i think

i don't go cheap on anything and stereo sound quality is a big thing for me

if you want something that sounds good and is light(racing purposes) go with Visonik...i know they got some nice sounds that weigh nothing

they do suck but its not as bad as people say it is. They give you the "bass" sound but its not something you want if you want your car to really hit or if you want the car in the next lane to feel your bass.

Alright. Here's the problem... I had two sony Xplod subs, and even though I know they don't get good reviews, I liked the sound. Unfortunately, I didn't have a trunk anymore. I just want good bass, but to still have most of the trunk. What should I do?????????

• 2 months later...

Im running a 10" Bazooka with a 400W amp in a 2001 Quest and it sounds great. I know what 12's sound like. BUt if you are not a sound freak and you want bass and STILL have a trunk. Go with a Bazooka. They hit.

Trust me, I have one

solobaric is trash, and that is the opinion of most audiophiles.

go pick up a high end alphasonik, audiobahn or MA audio woofer...don't worry about size, the 10's from any one of these brands will annihalate anything kicker releases.

Be sure to pick up an MA audio amp.

oh and fyi, you'll save money by getting the better product.

also, if you haven't already invested in a blaupunkt reciever with 4 volt pre-amp outputs and their bass engine, you might look into that.

Wire the system to either 4 or 6 ohms for well defined bass...or go down to 1 or 2 ohms for painfully heavy bass. The MA audio amps can handle any setup so feel free to tweak to your desire.

Frank at Audiowarehouse installed a 350 dollar MA amp and a pair of 120 dollar audiobahn subs...running at 2 ohms. The guy who owned the car brought it back two days later because his factory spoiler fell off, once they dug in to see the problem, they noticed three bolts lying on the floor of the trunk and two more working themselves out. Guy claims that everything was straight before the install.

Don't L7's cost 500 dollars per though? I looked at the alphasonik and audibahn's at a local store and they hit really hard too...with a 140 dollar pricetag. Now I know what this guy is talking about, I think I might get mine replaced. The 10's in the showroom were amazing and accurate like you wouldn't believe.

I'm gonna run over and get the Audiobahn proladeedasomethingorothers when I get my next paycheck.

what you hear at the store might be different from when you hear it in your car b/c of the setup. to get the most out of the sub you are going to buy, be sure to get a box that is made to the exact spec that is recommended for the subwoofers. otherwise its going to sound like CRAP.

also the type of car plays an important roll in the sound too b/c of the shape of the car. lets say you take a subwoofer and place it in a hatchback or a suv, it is going to sound better than in an accord or whatever. my freaking back seat doesn't close own so i know my music is restricted back there. :(

that sucks. The solo barics are high quality, so they don't need as much space in the box, as I understand it. I want to get the box that is slanted, it uses not very much space. I heard some Alpine type R 10" today, those are really nice. The E types aren't bad either, but I really like the R's.

• 1 month later...

Archived