vtech leaking oil?

i have a b16a2 engine and where the vtech sylinoid (or whatever) plugs into the head (or valve cover) it is leaking oil out of it. not alot but enough to cause alarm. should i just replace the valve cover gasket or is there another gasket around the vtech?

its fine by me if he spells VTEC that way, as long as he tells me what the hell the H is for.

it stands for hellyeah!!! lol i even read the post about spelling vtec wrong lol. but you have to give me some slack its late and im freaking tired -_-

and since they all leak i should just keep a eye on the oil level and not worry about it?

it stands for hellyeah!!! lol i even read the post about spelling vtec wrong lol. but you have to give me some slack its late and im freaking tired -_-

and since they all leak i should just keep a eye on the oil level and not worry about it?

Get some Hondabond. Check your Exhaust cam seal. RTV it up.

Take the 3 10mm bolts off the top of the vtec solenoid, rtv it up, or buy a new gasket. Make sure you don't get any in the VTEC solenoid screen, it sucks if you do. I did it and the motor ran like crap.

If it still leaks let me know. BTW, let it sit if you do the RTV.

Archived