has anyone in here really done an engine swap ?

juicesintegra

I just got a 94 4 door GSR and im going to put it in a 92-95 hatch because it has the same OBD2 thing or whatever. And i ask this question in all kinds of honda forums and i ask a bunch of people but i get different answers, it pisses me off, you guys like right pages and pages of stupid crap and cant answer the real questions. But maybe this place is different....What all do i need for the engine swap besides what i already have in the GSR. ( i have the whole car and everything works) I ask people this and some say i dont need anything and then some say that i need a wire harness thing, its getting annoying. Do you guys know anything about honda engines or is this just a look good honda forum? Thanks if anyone can help.

it's not obd2, it's obd1. obd2 = 96+

a couple related links:

http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/5gtech/index.html

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=856396

go to www.google.com. type in gsr in 92-95 civic, gsr in eg civic, b18c1 in 92-95 civic, b18c1 in eg civic.

I got the exact same swap. just gotta drop in the motor, they use the same mounts and the motor fits fine with the correct tranny. Umm for your ecu idk too much about that stuff, go with checking on google that would be the easiest thing to do.

good luck on the swap its worth it! :D

he ment that you can use the tranny too with no problems. you have a b18c1 GSR engine. it seems that you dont know that much about swaps, so i advise if you want to do it yourself have someone who knows what there doing help or do it. its something you dont want to screw up on.

he ment that you can use the tranny too with no problems. you have a b18c1 GSR engine. it seems that you dont know that much about swaps, so i advise if you want to do it yourself have someone who knows what there doing help or do it. its something you dont want to screw up on.

Yeah What he said, get a professional your you could be sorry. :p

Ha Ha yea, i just got into this stuff and i want to learn how to do it myself you know but yea i definately will have help. A bunch of my friends do swaps alot and they said they will show me how and teach me. So yea, i wont screw it up, well at least i hope i wont. Thanks alot

Yeah everything will work out just fine, because I was going to put all the same thing in mine, I had all the money put down then they took it all away and sold it so I am stuck right now, all my friend told me you need is wiring harness, ecu axles and a tranny and of course motor it should all bolt up fine, it is honda to honda and nothing too drastic

• 3 weeks later...

Archived