OBD1 cel search! please help! :)

scottywayne25

Hey i have a 1994 Acura Integra gsr and i would like to know how to check the codes on the ecu.. my cel comes on everyonce in a while.. ive heard a few different ways to check it w/o a diagnosis tool.. but none worked.. ive heard that theres a light..but i didnt see one.. ive also heard that you can do a certain thing that will make the check engine light light up when you turn the car on and it will blink a few times and tell you the codes that it's throwing..please help..ive done searches and everything and i cant seem to find anything..please i need help :) thanks

Call an Acura dealer, they can tell you how to do it. There should be a light, try under the carpet in the passenger floorboard. If that's not it, post here and I will find out where the light is.

Yea..I ripped up the carpet.. all the way to the seat. i didnt find a light.. there wasnt an ecu or anything under the carpet.. the ecu is in the right kick panel and i was also told that there was a lil wiring harness that you can plug the prongs together with a paper clip or wire and it will show the codes thru the check engine light.. that was on a 92-95 civic tho.. they said the ecus should be very similar if not the same... they said the harness came outta the top of the ecu... didnt see it.i seen a harness but it had like 6 wires comin outta it.. not it.anyways thanks for helpin..i really appreciate it.. if you find out more just let me know

According to my friend who is a technician at Acura, there is a harness. You short out 2 wires and count the flashes of the Check Engine light. I'm not sure which 2 wires need to be shorted out. Monday I would call your local Acura dealer, they can help you more. Since my friend sees so many different Acuras, he can never really recall which is which.

Hey hey thanks for the help..i found out how to do it.. i noticed that there is a harness with 2 wires in it..a black one with a white stipe and a red one with a white stripe. I shorted out the wiring harness and my check engine light had a hard blink 4 times then 3 fast blinks. code=43 which means fuel supply system.. then i reset the ecu by pulling out the 2 fuses under the hood then i let it run for about 10 minutes to let the ecu figure out how my car runs again... then it led me to another problem... after a drive i figured i would check the ecu again.. and see if it threw another code... well this time the check engine light came on...and stayed on..didnt blink at all, didnt go off, or anything... I was just wondering what that meant if you might know...thanks for the help..its GREATLY appreciated

Scott

When the engine light comes on, it throws a trouble code. Pull the codes again and see what it says. If the old code was left over from a previous problem, it might be something different.

well its not left over from an old problem cuz ive reset the codes on the ecu about a month ago... it has a CAI on it and i can be driving down the road sometimes and itll throw a check engine light.. just happens everyonce in a while.. does that have anything to do with the fuel supply system code..ive also noticed that my car runs rich and on a 94 integra gsr ive heard that others usually get almost 300-375 miles outta a tank..well i get around 200 out of a tank.. if im lucky... I dunno whats wrong and does anyone know what the stock fuel pressure is supposed to be. just in case i check that..anyways..thanks for all the help.i relaly appreciate it

Archived