tipping 15%?

TLontheDL

I got a question regaurding tipping at restaurants. If there are only 2 people in a party, and their total order is, say, $125.00, the tip is around $18.75, more or less. Understandable, right? Well.....What if that same party of 2 people ordered food which came out $975.00? They got the same amount of help and service, so are they obligated to pay 15% of that, which is $146.25? Same 2 people, same service..

always remember kids: tips spelled backwards is spit.:pirate:

same thing anywhere. i say 15% is about right. if 2 people eat for only $25. they should only have to tip like $5 or so. if your paying for that expensive of a meal, you should expect to pay for a better service. if the service is nothing special, you are not obligated to tip 15% i think that is just a guideline. mostly depends on your opinion of the srevice.

yea i basically tip on how the waiter/waitress is. ill follow the guideline but if they are really good or nice and friendly i might give them a little more. if there buttheads, well, im an butthead too then :laugh:

yea i basically tip on how the waiter/waitress is. ill follow the guideline but if they are really good or nice and friendly i might give them a little more. if there buttheads, well, im an butthead too then :laugh:

agree on that..it al depends on service..and the % does count but tip goes down if service bad

I usually give 15%, maybe a bit over cause I'm just a nice guy like. If I charge the food, I usually tip in cash. If the service is bad, I often deduct the % and then charge the tip, to add more insult to injury.

Thas some bs, i usualy dont tip AT ALL! lol, then again i dont usually go to many restaraunts, only people i do tip is like Pizza man mayb 1.50-3.00$ here and there. My parents and family believe We should give them some tip, i dont think very highly of it, but dont mind, and this 15% Tip thing? Who came up with it? I mean is there a law that says we have to give tip of 15% of final order...i dont think so.

some restaurant in new york about a year ago or so had problems with a customer who didn't tip, or who didn't tip the 15%... i don't really remember the whole situation, but the customer got in some kind of trouble for it...

waiters/waitresses, bartenders, etc, all get pretty low hourly rates, so their main income comes from tips. i never leave no tip, but will leave a low tip if the service was not good (and was the fault of the server). if the place is understaffed on that night, or something along those lines, you can't always expect the server to provide as good of service.

i deliver pizzas. and most of my pay is in tips. it frackin sucks when people stiff you. its like they just dont give a crap that you performed a service for you. even if its only llike a buck. every little bit is nice.

Its just the same way with strippers. Strippers make their money based on tips we dont get paid for working at the club. We don't fill out an application either its just a make up your own schedule basis and w/e you end the day with thats what you take home after you pay the club and the bouncers and djs.

Archived