Failure at a New CD PLayer change >.<

Bakuryu06

I bought this nice CD PLAYER for my car for about 90$ Cuz my old one was a)Casette and b)Wouldnt work. So i think hey how hard can this thing be to put in. Once i got the old one out, it popped out easily, and there was a cord sort of like computer cable easily comes out. But this new CD-PLAYER has all the ends and wires just flying all around. Hooking up the Left, right, and rear speakers was easy, but some of the wires in the new cd-player i couldnt find in the small socket thing, ie: Ignition(i think this is the main POWER?) and Memory. And in the old one, there were 3 slots which i didnt know what to put in, ILLUMI, ACC+, and MUTE.

Is there a easier way to do this? I think iam only having trouble finding the IGNITION one, i tried putting the ignition one in all three ILLUMI, ACC+, and MUTE with no luck, expect for one time when i put it in ACC+ the lights flickered (CLOCK, AND OTHER LIGHTS in the car).

PLease some words of advice? o.O

well, what i always did, was went to circuit city, and got an universal connector. they will ask you what kind of car you have, and what kind of cd player it is, then hand you two different cords, and you hand him bout 35 bucks if i remember right, then you go home, and click everything together, and your done. but yet again thats what i did, much easier, no rewiring.

yea, its really two different cords, each are like 15 bucks or somethin, but one goes from the honda wiring to a male universal clip, then the other one is the female universal, to whichever cd player you have, its really easy, the problem then is all the extra wire that you have to shove places, thats it tho, havent had any problems, and im on my second car, and third cd player.

if you bought the CD player new or there is an instruction manual, it has diagrams for which wires connect to which ones. otherwise look on whatever brand it is's website and see if you can find any wiring diagrams for the deck.

One last question, if i was to search for these Cables on the net, what would i be searching for?

just go to circuit city, and ask the guy in the stereo dept. he will know exactly what im talking about, i dont know if you can get them over the internet, i think its just something they have there, i looked yesterday at www.circuitcity.com and i could only find the cd player to universal, so your best bet is to just drive to the closest circuit city, im sure best buy has them too, but i always went there for them cause i knew they had em, but the only thing i can tell ya is try that, or call the company that makes your cd player, and have them mail/fax you a copy of the wiring Diagram.

Archived