ls/vtec swap?

kacivic

ok, so my ls has an auto transmission, car has about 95k on it, and a guy i know offered to swap an ls/vtec, w/ manual tranny, ecu, limited slip, complete package for $1200.

i have no clue what my engine/tranny/ecu is worth, and i'm kinda counting on that to offset the cost of the swap quite a bit. could you guys give me any idea of what i could look to get out of it? i don't have a lot of cash right now, but if i could get away w/ spending less than $500 total, i think it's worth it just to get a manual tranny...

well, the shop is getting ready to move from austin to houston, i think he may just be trying to clean out the shop a little before they move... less to take. btw, anybody in houston check out a shop called Knife... they seem to be good guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cost a lot of money if you wanna do it rite

i kno ppl who have blown their motors or have their motors overheating all da time

i'd reaed up on it b4 actually starting the project....

i was going to do the lsvtec thing myself....until my teg died :(

• 2 weeks later...

ok

now that im done with my depts/school/ and have a lil more time to myself

im thinkn bout either rebuilding the integra or buying a new motor

what would you guys do???

-buy a 95 LS with 118k w/o Trainy for 200$(no intake manifold)

-buy a 95 LS with 90k with auto trainy for 500$

-rebuild my blown LS

remeber i have an automatic LS but its going to be stick once i get the motor and find a 5psd trainy

I will probably do the LSVTEC later on

right now im down to about $2500 since my accord just got a lot of body work and a new paintjob

just give me advice on what you guys would do

im not selling/junking the G2 integra because its my winter car/daily driver since i cant drive that frackin *RICED* out accord in the winter

Archived