Question about CTR's and HID's???

dawrenn

I heard the getting HID's with stock headlights are bad b/c the thing that covers the bulbs makes the light glare really bad. Well since the CTR's dont have that thingwODU3MDU0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg would the glare be worse or better? If I decided to get HID's I would not want to retro-fit anything into those headlights.

The CTR's pictured DO NOT HAVE A BULB IN THEM.

0MG That thing is not built into the bulb. THe CTR's just dont have it. This is a quote from another forum:

my SiR inner housings finally came in today. the plan is to paint them gunmetal, take appart my lights again, and put it all back together  psuedo-ctr's with the DOT light reflector
See the KEY WORD: DOT light reflector?

"Work the Angles"... classic Dilated Peoples song....

oops, wrong thread???

Dood, put a bulb in that crap, if your car is lowered, then fix the ANGLE!!!!

Or keep it stock, but I was down w/ JDM when you still wished you had a driver's liscense.

That "thing" is built into the bulb.  Haven't you ever replaced a bulb in your car?

Seriously WTF, Do you notice that these CTR's have a bulbs in them but they dont have the reflector housing: 99ctrheadlights.jpg

dawrenn did you ever notice that some bulbs are clear, and some have a metallic looking shield on the end of the bulb? that is what that "thing" is, it does not have a built in cover, what you see is just the cover thats on the bulb

dawrenn did you ever notice that some bulbs  are clear, and some have a metallic looking shield on the end of the bulb? that is what that "thing" is, it does not have a built in cover, what you see is just the cover thats on the bulb

Is this the metallic looking shield you are talking about? wODYyNTMwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

If so that is not what I am talking about.

yes, that is what im talking about, and that is whats circled in the picture, as far as i can see anyways

Well that is not what I am talking about, hopefully you will be able to see what I am talking about in this pic: wODYyODA3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

That thing is not connected to the bulb, its connected to the headlights and the CTR's dont have them.

ok, so now what exactly are you wanting to know? the glare thing? i really dont know, just try it and find out, there was way too much effort put into this topic, just go and try it.

ok, so now what exactly are you wanting to know? the glare thing? i really dont know, just try it and find out, there was way too much effort put into this topic, just go and try it.

That is what I was trying to find but then I was trying to convince you and SSR that the part was not built into the bulb.

Most people cut them out of the CTR housings.

Why are you trying so hard to be JDM?

Every pair of CTR's I have seen for sale does not have the reflector housing.

Why do you say that?

Archived