HID Question???

dawrenn

I am planning on getting HIDS for my EK and I have a couple of questions. I was wondering if they are easy to install/hook up? This is from a website that has install instructions: Connect the pins that go from the ballast wire to the socket where your original bulb pins were connected. If positive and negative markings are shown in the socket then our black attaches to the negative and our red attaches to the positive. If there are no markings on the factory socket, try them one way first. If the lights do not function, then reverse the wires. Reversing the polarity will not damage the lights; they simply will not function.

bulb.jpg

What is he talking about when he says "Connect the pins that go from the ballast wire to the socket where your original bulb pins were connected"?

ballast.jpg

What is the single wire at the top for? Where does it connect?

He also says this: After installing both headlights, be sure to check and properly aim your headlights; HID lamps may not aim in the same manner as your factory bulbs, and may cause unwanted glare if not readjusted.

How do you adjust EK headlights?

I was wondering what the number means? This is what the guy from the site says: Apparently brightness decreases as color temperature increases. Lower "K" color temperatures appear brighter. Does that mean that 6,000K is brighter than 10,000K?

I was also wondering if $439 is high for 6,000K Hi/low beam HID's? Here is where I was planning on getting them from: http://hidupgrade.com/ I was wondering if anyone has purchased from them? If so was your experiences good/bad? Is the site reliable?

I am planning on getting HIDS for my EK and I have a couple of questions. I was wondering if they are easy to install/hook up? This is from a website that has install instructions: Connect the pins that go from the ballast wire to the socket where your original bulb pins were connected. If positive and negative markings are shown in the socket then our black attaches to the negative and our red attaches to the positive. If there are no markings on the factory socket, try them one way first. If the lights do not function, then reverse the wires. Reversing the polarity will not damage the lights; they simply will not function.

bulb.jpg

What is he talking about when he says "Connect the pins that go from the ballast wire to the socket where your original bulb pins were connected"?

ballast.jpg

What is the single wire at the top for? Where does it connect?

He also says this: After installing both headlights, be sure to check and properly aim your headlights; HID lamps may not aim in the same manner as your factory bulbs, and may cause unwanted glare if not readjusted.

How do you adjust EK headlights?

I was wondering what the number means? This is what the guy from the site says: Apparently brightness decreases as color temperature increases. Lower "K" color temperatures appear brighter. Does that mean that 6,000K is brighter than 10,000K?

I was also wondering if $439 is high for 6,000K Hi/low beam HID's? Here is where I was planning on getting them from: http://hidupgrade.com/ I was wondering if anyone has purchased from them? If so was your experiences good/bad? Is the site reliable?

fawk you, This crap is getting old. Why dont you stop being immature?

I'm just curious but it seems to me that the only thing optional can talk about it angles, oh and on top of that be an ass about it. The guy is just asking for some help and you always have one person being the weiner. It shows the true person you are. Personally to me it shows that there isn't much intelligence there.

I'm just curious but it seems to me that the only thing optional can talk about it angles, oh and on top of that be an ass about it. The guy is just asking for some help and you always have one person being the weiner. It shows the true person you are. Personally to me it shows that there isn't much intelligence there.

The only reason he is being like that is that I made a thread about getting an angled exhaust which is rice to him.

I was just told that if I painted/changed the color of my interior that it would be considered rice, but it's something that I personally think looks good. I don't have to impress anyone but myself and that's why I don't let much get to me in the way of people trying to talk down to me. I just laugh because this is only a post board and there isn't much you can do to hurt a person on the computer

Oh and if I could help with the HID's I would but the only problem with that is I am in the dark about how exactly to do them myself. There are so many things that I want to do with my car but there are two problems, one obviously is money and two is that I sometimes don't know how to do them. I have a b&m short shifter at my house just collecting dust, well I kinda have and idea on how to put it in but I don't have anything to lift my car up other than the jack that comes with the car. I don't feel all that comfortable being under there without jack stands. But yeah I would help you out if I could..... Sorry :crazy:

Haha your a funny guy, that's kinda original but come on you could have done better. Atleast I think you could have done better, or maybe I am giving your more credit than you deserve. I hope that isn't your picture on the side because if it is then I know I am giving you more credit. Can someone who is actually intelligent, and willing to give a good explination step up??? I would appreciate it.

Archived