air bags

amateurteg

hey, i was curious about the air ride system. ive just ordered an air bag kit. I was going to get air cylinders, but my friend said that it was a much harder ride, but he said if i still wanted performance, then air cylinders were the way to go, but i went with air bags. i was wandering about any of the after effects of them, like do the bags bust easily, do lines loosed pressure after a while, will they leak in cold or hot weatehr?? Also, do you have to let all the air out of your suspension when you park? or can you leave it up, if you do, will they eventually lose pressure and sink to the ground??? I heard that they arent very hard to put on, but just for safety reasons i have my friends dad who knows this stuff to help me. :) . Any thing anybody could tell me would be much appreciated, seeing taht im new to air ride systems. oh yea, one more question, about what is the range on its height? like is it 8" adjustable 7" adjustable etc.?

• 2 weeks later...

See if you can get copper airlines and run them tight to the body of the car, yeah they'll be relatively easy to put on, maybe 6 hours straight work. Bags are very reliable and won't be leaking, even if you are parked for a whole week. The ride quality is a bit different, something to get used to but not a bad thing. You can undo what you have done when you decide to toss them. Colder weather tends to reveal problems with water in the airlines, but that isn't a big problem. Main thing, if you can, get a compressor that runs off the engine. No electric ones, trust me. Though it will lag down the motor a bit, just don't run A/C at the same time. You decide what height adjustment you want, however 6-8" is the norm.

Archived