tires

Well I thinks ssr is right about how wide it is and to be honest, its a smoother ride then my factory to me. The reason I want better tires is because I got the Wanli on my rims now, and they are the worse tires that I have ever seen to keep balanced. I balance those things at least 2 times a month. Also the reason I got that size tire because, it was told to me by tire rack that it would be the right size.

215/45/17 has diff brands. I use to buy those size tires and went with kuhmo when they 1st came out and when they 1st came out, each tire was like hundred and 10or something but now that they're a "big company" they jacked up their price. Last I remember, yokohamas and dunlop cost less than kumhos! Go to your local tire place like discount tire and ask them which brand is cheaper.

You must have a width of 7 wheel, right?

205/55/16 = my 16x6.

a friend of mine has kuhmo ecsta supra 711 or 712...can't remember. he got those around the same time i got my yokohama's. yokohama's hook up better, especially when i first got them. i couldn't break them lose from a roll in first. i can now of course because over time they lost their initial stickyness and are almost worn out. they yoko's also cost me just over $600. totally not worth it considering my friends kuhmo's are still going strong.

although, i've got a more powerful car plus i drive harder than he does...so that may be a factor.

A specific tire size doesn't just have one rim width that they can fit on. Most tire sizes can fit within a 1 inch range. A 215/45R17 will fit between a 7" and 8" wide wheel. Tire manufacturers usually give an optimal rim width for a specific tire, but as long as you're within the recommended range you're fine. To check rim width ranges check out:

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

As for tire choice in 215/45R17....

if you want a summer tire check out:

Fuzion ZRi (made by Bridgestone)

Toyo Proxes T1-S

Goodyear F1 GS-D3

For an all season tire:

Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S

Toyo Proxes 4

Archived