Honda Dealer's "Value Your Vehicle"

The lease of Sally's 2019 CR-V Touring expires 8.30.22 and we are in the process of leasing a 2022 CR-V Touring, which is in stock, and have an offer from our Vermont dealer (#1). The dealer's website has a "Value Your Trade" feature which when I complete the form, presents a value significantly more than the dealer is offering. I have completed a similar "Get My Trade-In Value" form on another Vermont dealer's (#2) website. Again, the trade-in value is significantly more than our dealer (#1) is offering.

Dealer #1 refuses to provide any explanation regarding why their trade allowance is significantly less than their website's "Value Your Trade" estimate.

Dealer #2 explained that the trade-in values presented at their website are inflated and are driven by dealers who added significant amounts to the MSRP in other parts of the US. Does this explanation make sense?

Why would dealer #1 and #2 and likely many other dealers, present trade-in values on their websites which set high buyer expectations and are much higher than they offer on a specific deal?

• 3 months later...
On 6/21/2022 at 6:09 AM, LarryB said:

The lease of Sally's 2019 CR-V Touring expires 8.30.22 and we are in the process of leasing a 2022 CR-V Touring, which is in stock, and have an offer from our Vermont dealer (#1). The dealer's website has a "Value Your Trade" feature which when I complete the form, presents a value significantly more than the dealer is offering. I have completed a similar "Get My Trade-In Value" form on another Vermont dealer's (#2) website. Again, the trade-in value is significantly more than our dealer (#1) is offering.

Dealer #1 refuses to provide any explanation regarding why their trade allowance is significantly less than their website's "Value Your Trade" estimate.

Dealer #2 explained that the trade-in values presented at their website are inflated and are driven by dealers who added significant amounts to the MSRP in other parts of the US. Does this explanation make sense?

Why would dealer #1 and #2 and likely many other dealers, present trade-in values on their websites which set high buyer expectations and are much higher than they offer on a specific deal?

They just want you to come in. Once your in, the pressure sale starts. Sell your car to like Carmax or alike.