96-97 Accord Accessory Security System (Plus Add-ons)

Marasmus Hondas

Thanks to a friend from HondaSociety and some repeated trips to the local junkyards I have finally been able to secure the parts necessary to install the accessory security system for my 1997 Honda Accord. So let’s get to it!

Operation: Security System/ Keyless Entry

Project: Specialization of The Accord

The goal of this post is to hopefully build on some earlier posts on several sites regarding the security system: 08E51-SV4-102-f

This system was sold as an accessory for a number of models, not just the 96-97 Accords, however they all used the same “brain box” or ECU (Part number: 08E51-SV4-1M0-F2)* The fun part is finding or fabricating the wire harnesses to connect to the car’s ECU and relays, I have the electrical diagrams for the 97 Accord Coupe, Sedan and Wagon but I do not have the diagram for the 96 or other models. I would imagine the 96 Accord wouldn’t be too much different.

I was blessed to find the siren add-on kit on Ebay for a decent price and let me tell you it was worth it, it is much more attention getting. I will try to include a video of a comparison of horn vs siren. The kit that I found also included the wiring harnesses necessary to route the siren in the hood and to the hood security latch. (I did not buy the exact hood latch that Honda put out to go with the security system, instead I “borrowed” one from a 97 Accord Special Edition. I’m sure a 97-99 CL hood latch could work as well.**

Siren Part Number: 

*Honda also calls it Security Control Main Unit

**Shoutout to      for that idea of using those latches.