totwisted

seek comments from pros about failed shop AC service

looking for some comments on this situation.... got 04 Accord EXL 3.0 V6 on Aug 2019 with 117k miles. Needed complete suspension and brake overhaul, tires, some body work, window regulator and new AC compressor. Engine clean, runs great. Replaced compressor and took it into shop to have AC professionally charged on Sept 2019. Blew cool air on test and then took it home (1 mile away) and worked on suspension. 140 miles later took it back to same place for state inspection on Nov. 2019. Passed easily. Drove maybe once a week. Never used AC in winter nor spring and 3000 miles later in July 2020 the AC was blowing warm air. The same shop that originally charged the AC unit CONFIRMED there are NO leaks and my freon was low. Shop manager said I have to pay for an AC charge service. What is your professional opinion on this. I will respond with what happened after I receive some comments.